Hi guys

What are my options to get an F-16A tail fin to replace tamiyas 1/32 F-16CJ tail?

Anything available or anybody selling one?

Hello, 

PWMP made some F-16 tails, I have the set 3231 “Block 15” tail, then for early F-16A.
There were also versions with parachute tail extension available. 
In case you might be interested, feel free to contact me if the one I have can be useful for you…🙂

Kind regards. 
Marco 

Hasegawa's 1:32 "F-16A+/C" toolings haven't been reissued in about 15 years but can still be found secondhand, and they all include the A-model amd C-model vertical tails.  If your goal is to build an accurate A based on Tamiya's C, this would have the added bonus of giving you some other parts to swap, and you would still have a decent early C-model left over (to build, or sell to offset the cost of your "conversion").

I have the Hasegawa Ramstein F-16C kit, and I haven't looked recently, but if it has the A-version tail you're welcome to it, as long as it doesn't require parts to build the C version.  I'm planning on building a (roughly) Block 25 F-16C out of it, which is why I can't give up all the parts.

6 minutes ago, Ken Cartwright said:

I have the Hasegawa Ramstein F-16C kit, and I haven't looked recently, but if it has the A-version tail you're welcome to it, as long as it doesn't require parts to build the C version.  I'm planning on building a (roughly) Block 25 F-16C out of it, which is why I can't give up all the parts.

Thanks Ken

1 hour ago, Ken Cartwright said:

I have the Hasegawa Ramstein F-16C kit, and I haven't looked recently, but if it has the A-version tail you're welcome to it, ....

Kits S25 (Misawa), S27 (Ramstein) and ST102 (Thunderbirds) have both A & C vertical tail parts.  

If you can't score parts from one of these and don't want to spring for an entire Hasegawa "A" kit you might consider one of the Revell "A" kits. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, habu2 said:

Kits S25 (Misawa), S27 (Ramstein) and ST102 (Thunderbirds) have both A & C vertical tail parts.  

Upon further investigation kit 08193 (122 FW) also includes both tails.  This means any 1/32 Hasegawa F-16 kit that is boxed as a C includes both tails. 

Edited by habu2

This sounds like a great project for Reskit. F-16A tails for the Tamiya and Academy C kits would be great. I've got the AFV/Academy F-16B kit, but it only comes with an MLU parachute tail. I'd love to build it as an NSAWC F-16B, but until a tail comes out it's not going to happen. Fred.

F-16B 920458 USNFWS 04 NAS Fallon 9-20-13 Fred Krause photo.jpg

6 hours ago, f5guy said:

This sounds like a great project for Reskit. F-16A tails for the Tamiya and Academy C kits would be great. I've got the AFV/Academy F-16B kit, but it only comes with an MLU parachute tail. I'd love to build it as an NSAWC F-16B, but until a tail comes out it's not going to happen. Fred.

Revell is doing their part for this by reissuing their 1:32 F-16 with decals for an MLU (updated A-model) - their tooling was updated to a C-type vertical tail circa 1987 (originally for their F-16N release), so out of the box it needs an A tail as a correction.

I found my spare tail too. I was cleaning out a box that was buried from the move. Poof, there it was. Anyone?