Well, I'm back, with a long over due update.

Last summer I started working on remodeling the MPRL provided in the kit, which serious lack any form of detail or accuracy. Much of my time was spent searching for references, but a few months ago I received some great images. Some of what I had already completed had to be redone due to new info. This unit has approx. 300 individual pieces (although it doesn't look like it), made up of lead line, foil and Evergreen styrene. There are still a few touch-ups I have to do, but for the most part, this one is done. The next two MPRL should move a lot quicker.

MPRL1.jpg

MPRL4.JPG

MPRL5.JPG

MPRL6.JPG

Edited by Mark Lynam

HOLY SWEET JEEBUS!!!! That's incredible Mark! If I were you, I"d feel bad about hanging bombs from that thing, and covering up your detail! You seriously made that from the kit parts, huh?

Couple questions:

1.) What did you use for the Yellow wires? Are they painted, and what color?

2.) Got resin? You could make a fortune (from me)

3.)Any way you could hook me up with step-by-steps?

Man, I thought the work I did on my Bone looked good. You sir, are the man.

:wave: Hi guys,

Sorry to gatecrash the party. I'm not building a "Bone" but just had to stop by and say.....

WOW!! :lol:

:blink:

Mark, the work you've done so far is MAGNIFICO ! ! :lol:

The wiring on your MPRL and the plumbing on the gear legs is outstanding.

What an inspiration to us all, whatever we're building. :cheers:

I'll follow this thread with great interest.

Keep up the great work gents. :lol:

HOLY SWEET JEEBUS!!!! That's incredible Mark! If I were you, I"d feel bad about hanging bombs from that thing, and covering up your detail! You seriously made that from the kit parts, huh?

Couple questions:

1.) What did you use for the Yellow wires? Are they painted, and what color?

2.) Got resin? You could make a fortune (from me)

3.)Any way you could hook me up with step-by-steps?

Man, I thought the work I did on my Bone looked good. You sir, are the man.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks.

I started with the parts from the kit. I removed the mounting pins (intended for the SRAM), then build up everything from there. I added a length of 7/16" Evergreen Styrene tube #234 to one end of the launcher to remove the taper, which makes that end the forward end of the launcher. It fit just nicely over the end. Some internal filing and sanding of the tube is required to deal with the taper of the kits parts. Putty and lots of sanding removes the remaining seam. The rest of the components are fashioned from various shapes of styrene. I used I-beam, for the racks themselves. The wiring is made from lead fly-fishing wire, individually strung and then painted. I painted them with a mixture I made from yellow and gold, to create the colour of Kevlar yellow. I used soldering wire for the elbows on the conduit around the launcher, and kitchen foil cut into fine strips for band-it claps, securing brackets for the cables and wire bundles. The 32 bomb braces were cut and shaped by sanding to make sure they all matched. I painted after the basic structures were made, and before I started wiring. That’s about it.

Wow MARK!!!!

Those are very impressive. I picked up a Bone at the last hobby lobby sale. I have made some good progress on it, but not like that. I'm going to use those Fox One decals of the 34th bomb squad, i also used the cutting edge burner cans. But your stuff makes mine look pathetic :thumbsup:

Mike

:bobby:

• 3 months later...
Good news Ladies and germs. I was just over at the HS forums, watching people yell at each other and drool over the Luftwaffe, when I found this great little tidbit. This isn't my writing, and I have no affiliation to Golden Dragon. Naturally, my bone is going back in the closet until I see these. Hope to help anyone.

"Hello Everybody,

We are planning Updates for Both 1/72 Scale and 1/48 Scale B-1B's From Revell-Monogram in Jan or Feb 2005.

Here is what will be in the Updates:

Full Cockpit, all 3 Bomb Bays, Bomb Bay Doors, Rotory launchers, Gear Bays, Exaust Nozzles and burner Cans, Metal Gear, Weighted Wheels, All exterior antennas, and bumps, Vortex Generators, Seamless Intakes, Fan Blades, Crew Ladder, New nose cone, Radar, New Tail Cone.

In the 1/72 Scale there will be seperate Ejection Hatches.

The price is unknown at this time.

If you Have any Questions Feel Free to Email US

You Can Visit our Website at www.golddragpro.com

"

Does any one know what happened to these guys. I have been trying to view there web site and it is no longer there. I would like to know the status of this update kit.

cheers

HOLY SNAPPING DUCK POO!!

That work is amazing! :cheers::wave:

Makes me want to go and get a Bone! But I think that I will be going for the 1/72 scale kit. Otherwise I'll need a house extention to house a 1/48 kit!

Keep the pics coming guys, great insparation!

Nimrod :cheers:

Is that a "Shamu" scheme for the Bone? I know they had them for tankers, but never saw one on a Bone. Oh, and YAY that this thread is alive again. I need inspiration! My bone's in a box getting dusty! BTW, has anyone heard any news on the Golden Dragon updates?

Is that a "Shamu" scheme for the Bone? I know they had them for tankers, but never saw one on a Bone. Oh, and YAY that this thread is alive again. I need inspiration! My bone's in a box getting dusty! BTW, has anyone heard any news on the Golden Dragon updates?

hey redheadkevin, you are right on point with that one....but i was hoping that someone would really say "b-1b killer whale" scheme. i,ve got the jdams and wcmd,s in the bays. now i,ve got to get around to putting the jsows on the external hardpoints along with some agm-130,s and a lantirn pod. ;)

You do know that Bones never carry anything on external hardpoints, and I'm fairly sure they don't use LANTIRN's either

redheadkevin, it,s hard to stay ahead of you b,coz ya keep on gettin" em right but......................i do know about the ext. hardpoints also. i,m just trying to do something a little different is all. about the lantirn pod, i saw an article on the b-1b site that shows and talks about them adding one on a aircraft so i just had to jump on that one first. i was scratchbuilding a sniper pod to put on it but i,m getting eager to finish this big rascal so i stopped on the sniper pod. ;)

Chappie, that,s one of the names for it . Now can you tell me the other name for it............. :thumbsup:

Uh....no. I know it has some sort of nomencleture but cannot remember what it is. :cheers:

Chappie

I would like to add that the rear fuselage join was not that bad to do. I however, did catch hell with the eduard p.e. vortex generators on the tail, though. no problems with shawn hull,s ale- 50,s. the landing gear seems to be rock steady so far, considering all the resin bombs i have inside it. i still wish i had the verlinden super detail set i bought for it some years back b,coz it had the avionics bays and some other things i could use right about now on it. i have,nt joined the forward fuselage yet but when i do i,m going to do it with epoxy b, coz of all the weight that i have in the nose and on the back wall.