Demon Possesion

I started working on this jewel earlier this month and after building their Fury, I can attest, this is a much better kit with no real fit issues and resin parts that will make your jaw drop!

I'm going to finish this bird in VF-31 Tomcatters markings for the '62 cruise on the Saratoga.

Here's some pics of what the kit provides!

TD-12.jpg

TD-13.jpg

TD-14.jpg

Here's the decals I'm going to use. They're for an F-4, but I'm going to modify them for the demon.

TD-18.jpg

Edited by Fury

yes the resin is done by Aires!

Nikta, the cost is what baulks me into not getting this fine kit. I would love to have a Demon in 1:48 but will hvae to be content with the 1:72 Emhar release :(

:cheers:

MikeJ

The pit is a little scarred because I had to chisel out the seat rails to fit the MB mk. 5F seat.

Here's a pic of the inside of the beast.

F3H-2N-1.jpg

And here's a pic of the superbly detailed burner can. I used pastel chalks aplied on Exhaust MM metalizer, drybrushed with MM metalizer Burnt metal.

F3H-2N-13.jpg

Here's a pic of the fuselage, all seamed up!

P1010011.jpg

This is the last pic of the day. I'll be back with more as the progress ensues!

BTW, the last four pics were taken with my new digital camera from Santa!

Happy Holidays,

Thomas

Nikta, the cost is what baulks me into not getting this fine kit. I would love to have a Demon in 1:48 but will hvae to be content with the 1:72 Emhar release :(

:cheers:

MikeJ

Mike, I could get you one for cheap, here in the US. If you know a reasonably priced method of shipping it to Oz........possibilities!

Happy New Year,

Thomas

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys, I'm back with some more juicy pics of the lead sled!

I've gone and done it again, the flaps and slats have been seperated and will be mounted in the deployed position on the completed model.

Take a gander!

Toady1.jpg

from a different perspective.

Toady4.jpg

Here's a pit shot!

Toady3.jpg

Now off to the paintshop! I just found out that Eagle Strike has issued a decal set for the exact bird I'm building! :D No more having to modify F-4 decals!

Take Care,

Thomas

Nice job especially on the burner, the paintjob and weathering is impressive. Will be a nice looking model. :D :D Will follow the build :huh:

I like the Demon too but like Madmike, the price of the model here ( Europe ) is far too expensive :(

Luc

Nikta, the cost is what baulks me into not getting this fine kit. I would love to have a Demon in 1:48 but will hvae to be content with the 1:72 Emhar release :D

:D

MikeJ

Mike, I could get you one for cheap, here in the US. If you know a reasonably priced method of shipping it to Oz........possibilities!

Happy New Year,

Thomas

Thomas

Thanks for the offer.

What price are we looking at pricewise?

btw, what I see is excellent!! Keep up the pics please :huh:

Thanks again

Mike (sorry he did not reply sooner)

• 4 weeks later...

Good evening all!

I'm back tonight with some progress pics of the Demon and now she's all purty with paint and decals! I pre and postshaded the gull gray and the decals are Eagle Strike, which are choice!

Now heeeeeeeeeeeeeres the Demon!

Sled1.jpg

Here's a baby that only a mother would love! :cheers:

Sled2.jpg

I was so happy that Eagle Strike released these Decals, I love VF-31's markings!

Sled4.jpg

Here's a pic of the belly!

Sled3.jpg

I hope you all like! I will be putting this beasty on the back burner for a little while to get caught up on my Tomcats for the GB!

Take Care,

Thomas

• 2 months later...

Boy, it's sure been a while since I've shown you all any pics of the progress of the Demon!

It's almost done. I'm in the dreaded final construction stage with the fitting of all the fiddly bits!

Demon21.jpg

Demon22.jpg

Demon23.jpg

More pics!

Demon24.jpg

Demon25.jpg

Demon26.jpg

well, I should be done with her soon. I'll should have some pics of the finished Demon soon!

BTW, Ive been working on masters for the flaps and slats and also for pylons, missile rails and missiles for 3rd Wire Models. I'll have some pics of those soon (well, the flap and slat masters are shown above!)

Take Care,

Thomas

did you mask your demarcation lines

The hard demarcation lines, I masked with Tamiya tape. I freehanded the soft demarcation lines, though

Thomas

Hey Fury...can't believe I missed this build! :lol:

Top model you got there, amazing finish too, what did you use to weather it?

I love those colourful USN birds! :cheers:

cheers

Mike.