Red 88 Su-35 in pogress

Hi all,

Here are some in pogress pictures of my 1/48 Su-35 Red 88 using the Academy kit and SOL conversion. I also used White Ensign colourcoats modern Soviet/Russian Federation #1, 2 and 3 straight from the bottle.

Su-35-1.jpg

Su-35-2.jpg

Su-35-3.jpg

Su-35-4.jpg

The kit is now ready for decals.

More pictures coming

Thanks for looking

Juan solorzano

This looks great. Are you satisfide with the Sol set? I am currently building Su-33 with Sol and I would like to hear others opinion about this set. Do not use Sol K-36 seat, it is inacurate and too small. What about the missiles, are they scratchbuild?

This looks great. Are you satisfide with the Sol set? I am currently building Su-33 with Sol and I would like to hear others opinion about this set. Do not use Sol K-36 seat, it is inacurate and too small. What about the missiles, are they scratchbuild?

The detail is very good, but the fit is not the best. What I recomend you is not to cut along the panels lines as SOL suggests, but more toward the center of the fuselage. Then you can just start cutting little by little until you get the results you want. You have to sand the fuselage joint to make it smooth. I used tape close to the joint, so when you are doing the sanding you wont damage the adjacent detail. The rest of the conversion is very straight forward.

I know the Su-33 conversion is even more complicated, but it should be something you can do. Don't believe the instructions, measure twice and cut once.

Juan

where did you get SOL kit?

There are few places I know...

but where is yours from?

I got it about two years ago, but I don't remember if it was through ARC or Hyperscale plane trading. I paid about $60.00 for the kit and the conversion. I think it was a good deal. You should try to get it that way as well. You might have some luck

Thank you.

Juan

Nice progress so far keep the pictures coming...tell us more about those missiles and how they were made... :rolleyes:  :worship:

Hi Toni,

I'm using some of the missiles that come with the kit. I know Academy missiles are not very accurate, but I just decided to use them. I'm also using two sets made by Kazan, the Kh-29 and Kh-31. Kazan missiles are are a very good replica. SOL conversion provides you with four very nice R-77 AAMs missiles also which are not shown on the pictures, but I'm using only two of them.

Juan