Aeroclub Canberra B2 Finished

Graham,

Its great to have some more "classic" British jets and you've done a really good job on this one. I'm surprised at how quickly you got it all together actually, it only seems like last week you were working on the cockpit.

You mentioned in another post the camouflage scheme was "short lived", whats the story behind it? I am hoping the Aeroclub Pr.9 comes out soon, failing that I'd like to do a T.17 or TT.18!

I'll look forward to the article! Cheers, Ed

Thats interesting camo Graham. I'm not too up on my Brit Canberras. What era was this? Nice job on the build and painting. She's a keeper.

Jeff

It seems that B2's were delivered in the black over Medium Sea Grey scheme, then, in 1953, had this Light Slate Grey/Medium Sea Grey over PRU Blue scheme applied before the final over all silver scheme. To be honest, I'd never heard of it before seeing it in the Aeroclub instructions but it's also shown in the Crowood Canberra book.

Graham,

Its great to have some more "classic" British jets and you've done a really good job on this one. I'm surprised at how quickly you got it all together actually, it only seems like last week you were working on the cockpit.

You mentioned in another post the camouflage scheme was "short lived", whats the story behind it? I am hoping the Aeroclub Pr.9 comes out soon, failing that I'd like to do a T.17 or TT.18!

I'll look forward to the article! Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed...see below abot the colours. I couldn't believe how quickly it went together either! However, outside of the cockpit, there aren't actually that many parts!