Mirage 2000D Conversion 1/48

After the D, how about:

- Mirage 2000-5F (Also for UAE -9, Qatari -EDA and Taiwanese -5EI) conversion

(Instrument panel, MICAs and pylons, RPL-541/542 tanks (Done Already), Spirale(Done Already), arrestor hook (where applicable), various aerials depending on version)

- Mirage 2000N Cockpit

- Mirage 2000B Cockpit (Would also be suitable for  BM, BG, TH, DP and DAD)

- Weapons, such as:

-LBF-2 Practice Bomb Dispensor (Most AdlA Versions)

-AS.30L (D)

-BAP-100 (N k2  among others)

-SAMIR DDM Pylons (**Very Important for the D!**)

-ATLIS II

-PDL CTS

-DAMOCLES

This should keep you going for a while :cop:

Cheers, Ed

Ed you're reading my mind! the 2000-5F first please!

Stephen :crying:

Edited by Stephen

May I add, on top of what eddy said:

1) The ECM aerials and fairings on top of M2000N or EG, or perhaps a whole new resin tail with those and additionaly corrected NAV light position and trailing edge thickness (my big fat greek imagination, I know... :) )

2) AM-39 Exocets and pylons

Hi folks...

As said before, I'm working now on the tail...

For sure, new details have to be added : ECM.

Find below a picuture of the Heller part :

2000D_derive_1.jpg

Do not consider the 2000D specifications and compare it with a 2000C tail picture...you will be quite surprised to see that several things have to be added...

Notice the presence of small photoetch parts...

A new reinforcement panel at the bottom

new panel lines / rivets

2000D_derive_3.jpg

2000D_derive_2.jpg

A lot of work is still required.

A new rond styrene has to be added on the rear detectetor

The front antenna has to filled

More pictures tomorrow :crying:

Florent

Don't forget the Serval/ICMS Mk.2 aerial/fairing is different on the 2000Cs compared to the 2000Ds. Compare the height and angle of the aerial on the leading edge of the fin:

1_2000C_S1S3.jpg

1_2000N_K2.jpg

1_2000D.jpg

A couple of pictures to show this...

C S3 Tail:

Edited by eddygrantham

Hi all

find below a picture of the last corrections I made on this tail.

New rivets - lines were engraved

Inaccurate lines were filled and sanded and replaced by new one.

The position light is erased and replaced by a half round in plastic card and sanded.

Still to be done : extremity with an inferior diameter of the 2 detectors...

Next step which should be quick : rescribing the lines and rivets on the other sides...but due to vacation till May,30...It will be done begining of june

Bye

Florent

M2000D_derive_4.jpg

hi all

Olivier sent me casted parts of his Mirage 2000-5 pylons...

The time to go bak from vacation and I will post some pictures of his quite interesting parts...

in parallele of the 2000D, why not dreaming of a Mirage 2000-5...what s your opinion ? Would you be interested ?

Florent and

Olivier

Hi Eli...

The Mirage 2000-5 is in project...and should be developped in parallel than the D version...BUT because there s a BUT...

there s no decal sheet available yet..

If the success of the coming sheet for the MIrage F1-CR/CT is confirmed (I will buy it)...why asking to Skyraider to develop a sheet for Mirage 2000C and RDI versions... ;)

Florent

Ok, boys... I heard that call, and it sound EXACTLY in my direction ;)

Eli: I found out, that the decals 1/72 and 1/48 for the Rafale M would sell. If you want, I do them. And in parallel, if you want, I start with the Mirage 2000D and -5F. All references etc. are on my desk. I just need a go from you!

Oh, why do you want a C and a RDI decal sheet? I think D and -5F is asked, no?

skyraider

Ed: The drawings you have from the Mirage 2000: is it possible to get them as a vector file? It would accelerate my work extremly!

Edited by skyraider

Important for those asking:

Which version(s) do you want???

... this will be a loooong summer :rofl:

skyraider

PS: If you have a picture of an interesting M2000 (kill marks), please send it to skyraider@swissonline.ch. Thanx!

Hi all

I m still on vacation but this is the opportunity for me to work on the Mirage 2000 project...I study pictures, details, which parts to be done do in resin or in photoetch...

it seems that Skyraider is ready and enjoyed at 100% to design a decal sheet for Mirage 2000-5 and D...Eli...what about you ? If the target of 500 Mirage F1CT decal sheet is reached...would you be agree to continue the french adventure ?

All, I have no commercial relation with Eli but as you certainly noticed, a lot of things have to be done for french aircrafts...including Mirage and other jets...(Jaguar, Etendard, Mirage III Family, Mirage 2000 family...)

I think that if each of you who is insterested in one of this project could post a few words with his expectation, it could be quite helpful for everybody and the things could move in the good directions

Thx for your time ( I hope that several of you will leave a few words)

Florent

Hello to everyone B)

In answer to your request for those interested in the French adventure and what we would like/expect, I offer you my wish list:-

- Mirage 2000 (C/-5/N/D/B) resin cockpits with accurate ejector seats.

- Mirage F1 (C/CR/CT) cocpkits & seats.

- Mirage III (E/5/5/50) cockpits, seats and alternative noses for Belgium, Pakistan, Egypt, 5F, Switzerland ...etc

-Decals to allow us to model Mirages (of all types!) from around the world with a reasonable amount of stencilling, but more importantly up-to-date markings (Bosnia, Kosovo, Afganistan... etc)

- and how about a good range of French/ European weapons ? AS-30, Beluga, SAMP stlye bombs, Matra R550 missiles ( to replace those awful kit provided ones (Revell Rafale excepted!))

Scale - mainly 1/48 ( perhaps some 1/72 decals ?) :D

I'm not asking for much (honest), just for us modellers of non-US grey jets to be given even half of what you modellers of US grey jets get (lucky so-and-so's) :monkeydance:

I'll do what I can for the decals. Just give me time, I'm working 100% beside my hobby...

The Mirage F-1CT 1/48 is covered in decals by the soon to be released decals by Eli (ZOTZ). And Fonderie Miniature or Cobra Company make a nice Cockpit for the Italeri kit.

For the rest of the Resin request above I DITO!!!

Right now I'm working on the Rafale M markings, all 10 operational aircraft! Then I have all I need to make the markings for the Jaguar A. But as I said, give me time! :worship:

skyraider

BTW: Eli said go fo a lot of markings you mentioned, florent67

Hi all

I m still on vacation but this is the opportunity for me to work on the Mirage 2000 project...I study pictures, details, which parts to be done do in resin or in photoetch...

it seems that Skyraider is ready and enjoyed at 100% to design a decal sheet for Mirage 2000-5 and D...Eli...what about you ? If the target of 500 Mirage F1CT decal sheet is reached...would you be agree to continue the french adventure ?

All, I have no commercial relation with Eli but as you certainly noticed, a lot of things have to be done for french aircrafts...including Mirage and other jets...(Jaguar, Etendard, Mirage III Family, Mirage 2000 family...)

I think that if each of you who is insterested in one of this project could post a few words with his expectation, it could be quite helpful for everybody and the things could move in the good directions

Thx for your time ( I hope that several of you will leave a few words)

Florent

Yes! We're going to nned decals for all of these great resin updates.2000D decals for the OEF aircraft with the mission markings

Stephen :thumbsup:

Hello to everyone :wave:

In answer to your request for those interested in the French adventure and what we would like/expect, I offer you my wish list:-

- Mirage 2000 (C/-5/N/D/B) resin cockpits with accurate ejector seats.

- Mirage F1 (C/CR/CT) cocpkits & seats.

- Mirage III (E/5/5/50) cockpits, seats and alternative noses for Belgium, Pakistan, Egypt, 5F, Switzerland ...etc

-Decals to allow us to model Mirages (of all types!) from around the world with a reasonable amount of stencilling, but more importantly up-to-date markings (Bosnia, Kosovo, Afganistan... etc)

- and how about a good range of French/ European weapons ? AS-30, Beluga, SAMP stlye bombs, Matra R550 missiles ( to replace those awful kit provided ones (Revell Rafale excepted!))

Scale - mainly 1/48 ( perhaps some 1/72 decals ?) :D

I'm not asking for much (honest), just for us modellers of non-US grey jets to be given even half of what you modellers of US grey jets get (lucky so-and-so's) :)

I have a request for the Mirage F.1 1200l fuel tank in 1/48 as the kit only comes with one and I've seen lots of pics with two.

Stephen :thumbsup:

Deconflicting.... :worship:

decals.jpg

Just AdlA 2000Cs (S3, S4, S5). Ta, Ed

Ed, do you want to send them to me? I'll include them on the Mirage 2000 sheet... They are looking great!

skyraider (@swissonline.ch)

PS: My work for the moment :beer4:

Edited by skyraider

Skyraider,

I started making the decals as a personal project for my current build (Italeri Mirage 2000C). I then got carried away and couldn't decide which markings to use so I started to make several sets!

The subjects are:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/470930/L/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/699965/L/

And a similar EC 1/5, C46 "Trident" jet, however with a different style of tail badge:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/618556/L/

Essentially I'd like to keep the first (left hand side on the sheet) and last (right hand side on the sheet) subjects but as I cannot print the "orangey" colour correctly on my ALPS, you are welcome to have the middle option which is the badge and serials for EC 4/33 "Vexin" from Djbouti. I think the jets may have a different badge on each side of the tail but I will check this out, finish the artwork and send it to you. Is Corel Draw ok ?

I would like to finish the two jets on my sheet and add another to repalce the Djibouti based aircraft that I cannot print. Possibly an EC 2/2 "Cote D'Or" -5F and I'll try to get this sheet done soon and available for the few that want it!

Cheers, Ed