Mirage 2000D Conversion 1/48

hi Fulcrum

Olvier will give you an answer concerning white point on the fuselage...awaiting his answer, find below my suggestion :

stretched plastic + white paint

- put the stretched plastic in white paint

- let it dry

- applt it on the fuselage

you should otbain those white points...

Florent

Hello everybody this is a French invasion now

I really hope so and long may it continue!!! :cheers: I am so BORED looking at models of dull grey F-something-whatever-teens :D

Why do manufacturers and aftermarket companies continue to pour out updated American teenage fighters that are only to the very trained eye, an improvement over what they released a year or so ago!!?? For years manufacturers have ingored Dassault sublimely beautiful range of deltas - it doesn't make sense! Sold to over 20 countries and wearing some lovely colour schemes, how can anyone ignore these elegant aircraft?

To all those who are intending to produce conversion kits and extras for Mirages, PLEASE do so!! But not just the M2000 how about Italeris Mirage IIIE and Mirage F1 kits - decals, resin cockpit upgrades, ejector seats ...... :beer4:

:cheers: Finished!!!

I really hope so and long may it continue!!!  I am so BORED looking at models of dull grey F-something-whatever-teens

I must agree :cheers:

More Russian, Chinese, French airplanes

More third world nation's air forces

Less grey-grey-grey schemes :beer4:

I really hope so and long may it continue!!!  I am so BORED looking at models of dull grey F-something-whatever-teens

I must agree :)

More Russian, Chinese, French airplanes

More third world nation's air forces

Less grey-grey-grey schemes :)

I agree! F's are beautiful planes, i like them! but there is a lot of other planes in multicolor camo all around the world, i want to build my Latin birds collection!. Life's is not all grey!

Greetings from Peru :)

YIIEEEHHAAA,

At last some discussion about my favourite aircraft, I know Skyraider and Fulcum (Gruezi and Buenos Dias btw my friends) already but hello to everyone else especially our french modellers. I'm currently doing a Heller M2K and it will be posed in a steep-turn-after-take-off diorama with slats deployed and gear half retracted. I tried casting the slats for future projects but alas the small tabs just don't come out properly and it took me about 5 tries to make one usefull set but at least they fit perfectly. Hope to show it off one day. BTW count me in for that M2kD cockpit when it comes out. :)

Pierre

Good evening everybody

This time , I will show somes photos of my masters for frenh Aircrafts ( Jaguar , Mirage F1CR , Mir IIIC , F-100 ) :wave:

Masters realized for OURAGAN MODELS

- Pods rockets 68mm and 100mm with pylons for Jaguar .

pitoCGTFR2D17042005230403341258.jpg

-Reconnaissance can for Mirage IIIC ( Djibouti )

- " " " " for Jaguar ( Kosovo )

- " " " " for F-100 ( Djibouti )

pitoCGTFR2D1704200523040460883.jpg

- Missile AS 37 Martel with its pylon for Jaguar and Mirage IIIE

pitoCGTFR2D17042005230404133528.jpg

- SLAR Raphael TH for Mirage F1CR ( desert storm )

pitoCGTFR2D17042005230405369568.jpg

There are , waiting for the masters for Mir 2000D and others ...... :thumbsup:

- For you Fulcrum , the small white points were realized with a needle dipped in white humbrol :banana:

Olivier

Hello Olivier 40,

The masters you have shown us look very nice indeed! :thumbsup: I really like the look of the Mirage IIIC recce pod - it will encourage me to build yet another Mirage IIIC and this time have a go at a nice faded Djibouti colour scheme! Likewise, the Mirage F1 recce pod has come at a good time as I want to build a Mirage F1CR but don't have anything to hang under it - hopefully that will change soon :banana: Keep them coming!!

How about a nice range of decals to go with our upgrades, anyone?? :wave:

Where can i find the AS-37 Martell missile in 1/48 ???

I want to convert my mirage-2000 in mirage-2000-5Mk2 (Will delivered to Greece these days ).. I have the 1/48 Airfix mirage2000B. Does anyone knows any resin update kit?

thanks

Ps sorry for the questions i am new at the forum.

email me

Hi all

For your information, Olivier 40 is no one else that the 2nd guy who's going to work on Mirage 2000D project...

In a previous post, I gave a list of what the ordnance kits will be...Olivier, let's go...we all believe in you...

I worked on my side on the pilot front panel.

What could we say about the Heller pastic part ? well...nothing special...you have to apply a decal to represent this panel so this is not quite realistic....and remember that the kit is a Mirage 2000N - not a 2000D so a lot of work will be required.

I found a lot of documentation on the web and via one of my friend in France. In addition, Olivier had the opportunity to go to Mont de Marsan and shoot additional pictures so I started once I thank that I had enough documentation.

Mont De Marsan : BA118 -> CEAM : all new french airplanes / weapons / Mid Life update...transit by Mont de Marsan for approval.

The master is a mix of mastic, plasticard, aluminium, photoetch...I spent more than 10 hours on this little part....I don't imagine how long it will take for the whole cockpit :)

Word are enough so let's see pictures....

M2000_pilote_6.jpg

The missing part on the radar will be casted separately (how do you call this part ?)

img]http://florent1973.free.fr/2000/M2000_pilote_10.jpg[/img]

M2000_pilote_8.jpg

All those pictures are in macro so the slightest default is x 10... <_< but I can guarantee that the result (with your eyes) is not so frightening

M2000_pilote_9.jpg

PS : the plastic at the rear of this part will be used to cast the panel in silicon.

That's all for today.

If you have any comment or suggestion...

Florent

Edited by florent67
Hi all

For your information, Olivier 40 is no one else that the 2nd guy who's going to work on Mirage 2000D project...

In a previous post, I gave a list of what the ordnance kits will be...Olivier, let's go...we all believe in you...

I worked on my side on the pilot front panel.

What could we say about the Heller pastic part ? well...nothing special...you have to apply a decal to represent this panel so this is not quite realistic....and remember that the kit is a Mirage 2000N - not a 2000D so a lot of work will be required.

I found a lot of documentation on the web and via one of my friend in France. In addition, Olivier had the opportunity to go to Mont de Marsan and shoot additional pictures so I started once I thank that I had enough documentation.

Mont De Marsan : BA118 -> CEAM : all new french airplanes / weapons / Mid Life update...transit by Mont de Marsan for approval.

The master is a mix of mastic, plasticard, aluminium, photoetch...I spent more than 10 hours on this little part....I don't imagine how long it will take for the whole cockpit :cheers:

Word are enough so let's see pictures....

M2000_pilote_6.jpg

The missing part on the radar will be casted separately (how do you call this part ?)

img]http://florent1973.free.fr/2000/M2000_pilote_10.jpg[/img]

M2000_pilote_8.jpg

All those pictures are in macro so the slightest default is x 10... :worship: but I can guarantee that the result (with your eyes) is not so frightening

M2000_pilote_9.jpg

PS : the plastic at the rear of this part will be used to cast the panel in silicon.

That's all for today.

If you have any comment or suggestion...

Florent

Bring them on! If you're making them I'm buying them.I would like to see the F.1CR photo pod though.

Stephen

Hi all

Short break on pilot cockpit to come back on the wheels.

Releasing new wheels for Mirage 2000 is one thing...But...but I think that we could improve details of close areas.

A brief look on pictures shows that main landing gear doors 'offered' by Heller are far from the real ones. So I decided working on this area without any hesitation :huh:

Pictures are more revealing than words...

on the left, the original door - on the right, the new one...

M2000-train_1.jpg

no big change on this side...just a little bit plastic added but more work on the other side :

M2000-train_2.jpg

Notice that I added small photoetch parts to represent the 'jack hang system' (I think that this is not the correct word but I don't know how you call it - Sorry :thumbsup: )

M2000-train_4.jpg

This week end, I work on the other door and the first kit will be able to be released :

- 2 new wheels

- 2 new main landing gear door

- 2 new jacks

I will try to do my best to post pictures of them begining of next week...

Any comment or idea ?

Florent

Edited by florent67
Good evening everybody

This time , I will show somes photos of my masters for frenh Aircrafts ( Jaguar , Mirage F1CR , Mir IIIC , F-100 ) :worship:

Masters realized for OURAGAN MODELS

- Pods rockets 68mm and 100mm with pylons for Jaguar .

pitoCGTFR2D17042005230403341258.jpg

-Reconnaissance can for Mirage IIIC ( Djibouti )

- " " " " for Jaguar ( Kosovo )

- " " " " for F-100 ( Djibouti )

pitoCGTFR2D1704200523040460883.jpg

- Missile AS 37 Martel with its pylon for Jaguar and Mirage IIIE

pitoCGTFR2D17042005230404133528.jpg

- SLAR Raphael TH for Mirage F1CR ( desert storm )

pitoCGTFR2D17042005230405369568.jpg

There are , waiting for the masters for Mir 2000D and others ...... :thumbsup:

- For you Fulcrum , the small white points were realized with a needle dipped in white humbrol :huh:

Olivier

Are these available for sale? Where can we buy them?

Stephen

Hi !

About all the masters I made,normally there are always available to this address:

OURAGAN MODELS

MODELS 25

24 , rue des Fèbvres

25200 MONTBELLIARD

FRANCE

fax : 03 81 91 47 42 .

If you can't get your's supplies :cheers: we will see what we can do. :thumbsup:

Bye! :wave:

Hi guys...

Here I'm back.

I didn't find the time to work on my kit this week-end :cheers:

I made my moulds on monday evening and tried casting parts yesterday evening till 01:00 this morning...

I won't say that the results are top quality (remember that moulding and casting are new for me) but I'm not so disappointed as I imagined...

So let's go with pictures :

> Wheel and Main landing gear

M2000_roue_1.jpg

and the other face

M2000_roue_2.jpg

the other main landing gear is ready to be mould so this first set should be available in the coming weeks...

> Pilot front panel.

This part was certainly the most difficult to mould.

I wanted to have it in one part only (excepted the 'sleeve' radar - what word do you use ?)

The result is not so bad...

As you can notice, I add to put little drops of mastic.

I checked the mold and it's perfect...so next time, I will have to be sure that there's no bubble of air...sorry but it was 00:30 when I worked on this part so I was a little bit tired.

M2000_pilote_11.jpg

M2000_pilote_12.jpg

M2000_pilote_13.jpg

> Air wing Tank

As I was 'playing' with silicon, I decided to finish (2 weeks later :cheers: ) the 2nd mold of my tank

M2000_reservoir_2.jpg

Sorry for the quality of this picture :D

Better in reality...

I will post pictures of the assemblied tank this week...

That's all for today...

Good news...

We advise you that the Mirage 2000 sets to be released in the coming weeks are :

- 2 x wheel / main landing gear door -> all Mirage 2000 family

- 2 airwing tanks -> all Mirage family

- air intake (photos in the coming days) -> Mirage 2000D and Mirage 2000N (they are a little bit different on Mirage 2000C, -5, :)

- GBU-12 + central pylon -> Mirage 2000D and N

- GBU-16 + central pylon -> Mirage 2000D and N

- plyons for Mica for Mirage 2000-5

Photos of those sets will be posted

If you are interested by one of them, please, send me a mp.

Thx

FO

Edited by florent67

The pictures of your resin parts look good! :cheers:

Hurry up and release them!! :cheers:

I wanted to have it in one part only (excepted the 'sleeve' radar - what word do you use ?)

Possibly radar screen glare shield (?), don't worry, I and I'm sure most of us understand what you mean.

Will they be available directly from you or any online hobby shops?

and if so, can we buy them using credit card (Visa, Mastercard etc...) ?

I'm happy that there is a lot of interest from others and that maybe we can start a little revolution.... "Down with dull grey F-teen aircraft!!! Vive les Mirages!!" (and Rafales, and Ouragans, and (Super) Mysteres).

All we need now are a range of decals covering Mirgae F1/M2000 (c/d/n) in Kosovo, Afganistan, Djibouti plus all the overseas users of the beautiful deltas!! :cheers:

Hi all

A few new pictures of my last day work...

I wanted to see what does the pilot front panel looks like once it is installed in the copckpit...

Not so bad

M2000_cockpit_1.jpg

M2000_cockpit_1a.jpg

So, let's continue on the pilot cockpit.

I started with le right panel...

M2000_cockpit_2.jpg

The front panel is temporarily installed to check adjustments

M2000_cockpit_3.jpg

I applied raw umber to highlight details :thumbsup: - and defaults :thumbsup:

M2000_cockpit_4.jpg

M2000_cockpit_5.jpg

A lot of work and hours will be required before finishing the pilot cocpkit...

bye :thumbsup:

Florent