Monogram 1/48 F-101B Lynx One

What's red and black and white and can climb at 50,000 feet/min without any fancy area ruling?

Here's my Monogram 1/48 F-101B Voodoo in Lynx One markings.

Nice kit, superb cockpit detail, decent fit except top of the wing to the fuselage join which is very weak (I filled mine with stretched sprue). I built mine Genies down to show them off and because the Falcons in the kit are the incorrect AIM-4Gs which Voodoo never carried and I didn't want to raid my Deuce for the AIM-4E's. The kit was clearly made off a museum aircraft with locks molded onto main gear retraction struts and airbrake actuators. The only modification was the target ID spotlight made from a piece of clear sprue with aluminum foil backing.

Kit decals are nicely printed and worked flawlessly.

Detailed article and better pictures will be sent to ARC later.

Edited by Old72s

The decals on mine worked perfectly and are actually very thin. It took a touch of Solvaset in a few places but overall very very good and great adhesion. They are quite glossy but so is the rest of the airplane.

Nice job on your Voodoo! ;)

One minor niggle, the a/c vent on the lower left fuselage under the rescue arrow should be an NACA flush style intake on CF-101's, only 067 (The Electric Jet) had the intake as supplied in the kit. For your next CF-101 just leave this part off as the locating "dent" in the nose is almost a perfect shape for the intake.

Other than that a great looking build and a super looking scheme. Nice work!

Cheers,

Sean (Certified Voodoo Nut)

Thanks Sean. I was running out of steam on the project (there are like 4 paint jobs on the model, #*&^* spraycan white) so the intake was a victim of "git 'er done." I have a photo of another Canadian Voodoo (number 463 as far as I can tell) with the protruding intake.