Sebastijan,

Looking good so far. One point to watch out for is the wing to fuse joint, I had to use gap filling superglue around my project. Heres a pic of mine!!!

My 2 cents worth,

Jack aka BUGFAN

I apologize for the dissapearance of all the pics of my progress - the image server was hacked and I'm not sure when it will be up and running...

Yesterday and today I painted the 'Buck' red and black and gave it its final looks... Colorful, ain't it? :cheers:

Still some touchups to do...

I apologize for the dissapearance of all the pics of my progress - the image server was hacked and I'm not sure when it will be up and running...

Yesterday and today I painted the 'Buck' red and black and gave it its final looks... Colorful, ain't it? :o

Still some touchups to do...

truly good job Sebastijan..!!

a really nice finish you have got there... btw, which red & black paints did you use on it?

and which technique did you use to mask these colors...?

thanx

BTW, the Venezuelan air force used the buckeye in this finish many many years ago..

Thanks for the comments, guys! I'll start decalling it in a few minutes, so expect a new pic soon.

the_baphomet_00: I used white gloss spray (as you can see in one of my previous posts), the red was ModelMaster 1503 Red Gloss and the black Revell's 8 Gloss Black. I masked the model with Tamiya tape.

Well, I feel bad now since you are further along with your Buckeye now then I am (got tied up with a couple other things here). But, I'll get back to mine since you've managed to inspire me. Interesting how your plastic colors are the reverse of mine as my kit has white wings and a gray fuselage.

BTW, do you intend to keep your Buckeye nice and clean or are you going to weather it?

I was battling last night with the decals. They were very fragile and did not respond to any setting solution I have... Extreme care had to be taken with them and even though there's a gloss surface some silvering occured.

Also one of the major dissapointments was, when I put the wheels on and the model proved to be tail-heavy; instructions never mention adding of balast in the nose of the plane :thumbsup:

I'll probably make some sort of a stand for it in the back part between the engines - luckily the fuselage is quite low and it won't be very much visible...

Here it is! Enjoy the pic - the next ones will be of the finished model...