Amazing Pierre, just amazing.

Looks like the build is drawing nearer to completion ... I'll miss checking the thread to see progress, but look fwd to future in depth builds you might do?

I was just wondering, do your home contents insurance cover something like this? God forbid if you had a fire and this model was destroyed, you couldn't exactly replace it! it would be kind of hard to put a price on it!

Cheers.

Pierre, That is spectacular work there. I just had a comment on the cowl flaps. Are they flat on the real thing, or should they have a slight curve to them? It seems to me most cowl flaps are curved if you look at the engine straight on. Thanks for all the things you have taught us in your online build.

Hi Pierre,

I was looking at some pictures, and I saw the gaps between the ring of flaps isn't just empty, but there are some smaller flaps under the upper flaps.. look at this photo and I think you will know what I mean. :D

1066626.jpg

Photo: www.airliners.net

Hi Pierre,

I was looking at some pictures, and I saw the gaps between the ring of flaps isn't just empty, but there are some smaller flaps under the upper flaps.. look at this photo and I think you will know what I mean. :)

Photo: www.airliners.net

I don't see nothin' :wave:

Take Care

Edited by MaRiO FDZ
MaRiO...wanna borrow my glasses???? :whistle:

Barney

Hey Barney

no thanks. What I don't see is the FLAPS UNDER THE FLAPS. I can see the gaps filled, I can't see the flaps under the upper ones - or are those the gap fillers??

(No need to answer so harshly man :thumbsup:)

Some DC-3 has a little different cowl flaps( ant 2 last attached pics in upper posts are of DC-3A(with R1820 and short cowls..), instead of Pierre's DC-3C, with R-1830)

Here's "rounded" flaps dc302.jpg

Yere's flat.. (almost..)

C-47_Stbd_engine_cowl_flaps_open.jpg

Here's flat!

c47_001.jpg

Best regards,

Alex.

PS To Pierre: note, that you installed LATE R-1830-36 engines! (with front mags!)

I have been following this thread with interest Pierre, as I would like to attempt this myself with a Monogram B-17. I have the Koster conversion set to take it back to a C model and I think it would be quite an impressive model (assuming of course I don't muck it up in the process :cheers: )

One favor please, could you post the links where you got Rosie and the engine/sound kits from please? I have searched 10 pages back and am unable to find either one. I think I will get quicker results just asking for the link.

Cheers

Mike

Edited by Skyking

Pierre, please show us how to bend the alu-foil arround the front of the cowling without getting some foldings wrinkles ... it's "phantomastic" what You're doing here!

And another question:

In the wheelbay You have added some twisted whire - what did You use here and where did You got it?

:cheers:

Edited by BauAir
The ultimate cowl flaps: made with strips of brass, curved, embossed from behind, with small tabs soldered to the backside, etc

Ohhhh ... that's all ... well then ... HOLY COWL !!! :blink:

Superb ... :worship:

Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost