Hasegawa F-16 releases?

Guys...I don't believe my eyes so perhaps someone can enlighten us all, but I was just searching greatmodels website...for F-16 related items of course...anywho, when I came across the 1/48 stuff, there is a plethora of pending kits on preorder. NOW I don't want to preorder or anything like that, but one kit that caught my attention was a F-16C Block 30 and the release of the F-16D-no DJ unfortunately, but man if this is true, especially with all the decals scott and mike of afterburner are blessing us with, than all I can say is damn...I am going to OD on my beloved F-16 and put all other kits aside! Any one got any info on Hasegawa future F-16 release, or is this an error on greatmodels part. Any info guys?

Edited by B-ONE27

Hmmm...very interesting. Here's hoping I can finally get a couple 2-seater D models!!! Yay! :lol:

Hope someone in the know can shed some light on this.

Brian

EDIT: I just check the HLJ website, and I couldn't find anything there. I'm cautiously optimistic (even if it is a repop of the current F-16 kit), but until someone other than GMW lists it, cautious will be the word of the day for me.

Edited by Bucky Katt

Hey I am with you Matt...at $16 a pop, I would be a very happy camper too, but just as everyone has already alluded to, I remain cautiously optimistic, and hey Habu, even if they are repops, I mean, that can't hurt either, because we don't have too many D models laying around...speaking of which, you sure that Block 30 is a repop, at $29.95 that sounds like a nice retooling with possibly some other new goodies...and I mean if you have already have a CJ kit, you can at least kitbash a MCID and the GE and the D kit, and well...you get the point, so let's keep our fingers crossed on this one fellas, even if they are repops...it might not be too optimistic to think that a DJ is not in the crystal ball either. Here's hoping fellas. Cheers

Edited by B-ONE27
you sure that Block 30 is a repop, at $29.95 that sounds like a nice retooling with possibly some other new goodies...

Look at the kitnumber (06104), it's not a new release. Check Habu2's site to which he posted an URL and you'll see what's in it.

Koen

Has anyone contacted Great Models to see what's up?

Never mind, I did. Talked to a female and she just said what the website.."It says were taking pre-orders." She did not know anything else. :blink:

Chappie

Edited by Chappie

Chappie, I was wondering when you were going to chim in. A...just as you said, I don't care either if they are repops, as long as they are readily available. I have not gotten a moment to call GMW yet, so I will keep ya posted...but I think the sentiment is universal here fellas...WE WANT MORE! Checked Hasegawa website...nothing, Squadron...nothing

Edited by B-ONE27

You guys have to understand that virtuallly ALL the Hasegawa F-16 kits are "repops". There have been no significant changes to the molds, just the addition of sprues for the "big mouth" kits.

Also, no one else (HLJ, Rainbow Ten, not even Hasegawa) is showing these kits as being re-released.

You guys have to understand that virtuallly ALL the Hasegawa F-16 kits are "repops". There have been no significant changes to the molds, just the addition of sprues for the "big mouth" kits.

Also, no one else (HLJ, Rainbow Ten, not even Hasegawa) is showing these kits as being re-released.

Yeah, they re-issue decals. But look, the aftermarket is so thick with F-16 decals, intake, tails, spines, landing gear, PE stuff, conversions, etc that we can build any F-16 from any F-16 kit as long as the number of seats is right.

I've got a long way to go in my F-16 collection I'll take whatever the release. My F-16 stash is down to 2 T-Bird Kits, and a DJ on the shelf. With a DJ being converted to a Sufa and an Aggressor kit being built as an Norweigan F-16AM. That is it! I'm getting low!!!

Chappie

Hannants...nothing. But why would they put this on their website if it's not so?

Chappie

Not without precedence, GMW had the Accurate Miniatures Beaufighters listed for pre-order (I think pre-order, maybe not but at least as a future-release), complete with boxart. Actually, they could be found on their site for a few years after both the kit series and the original AccMin were no more.

Seems like as soon as they get wind of something, onto the site it goes.

As for price, remember what happened with the Revell 1/72 U-boat? Agree with advising caution, both in regards to actual release and price.

As with most things, time will tell.

I reakon we should inundate GMW with orders! If they end up with 100+ orders, maybe they'll talk to HAse and get some happening. I'll be preordering 2 B's and 2 D's for a start. What's to lose??

M

Do they charge your card when you pre-order or when the kits ship?

Chappie