What did you just finish building?

31 minutes ago, lgl007 said:

Nice clean builds.  Well done as always 🙂

-Greg

11 hours ago, Geoff M said:

👍Very nice!

Thanks, I kept the upper weathering light, not so light on the bottom of course.

• 3 weeks later...

Meng 1/48 Growler: added some extra "Scorpions" decals, mismatched paints to give it a deployed vibe. Didn't use any of the supplied decals for pods, no way I was going to apply 30 decals per assembly.

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful work everyone.  Just catching up on viewing all these amazing pieces of modelling artwork 😉

-Greg

3 hours ago, Dutch said:

Shawn, Nicely done.  Do you own stock in Above & Below?  Every time you build a model, Andrew declares a dividend!

Just re-finished 5 others using his decals. Since the customer started all of them I did not count them as my builds. Yep, Andrew (and Bill at Canmilair) have gotten a couple bucks over the years.

OEH3Tnh.jpg

Posted (edited)

Kitty Hawk 1/48 Voodoo with mostly Belcher Bits decals on a 1/1 ejection seat.

T0Wo4hg.jpgaKtWvyL.jpg

Edited by phantom
Posted (edited)

1/48 Monogram RF-101 Voodoo modified into a CF-101 by hacking away the photo stuff and replacing the flat weapons area with half of the weapons from the Kitty Hawk kit. Mostly kit decals with some Leading Edge spares.

The Monogram may be decades older, but has far less issues then the new kit.

gojkGR2.jpg

nYcjSRc.jpg

Edited by phantom

Shawn, It's nice to see one of the hastily camouflaged Maple Flag CF-101B examples.  Well done sir!  Your KH example is also nice.  Only ever built two of the Monogram kits.  I think I still have one left.  Good to know it is the better of the two.  K/r, Dutch

1/48 Belcher Bits S-51. Sucker is all resin but the clear parts. And a bunch of paper clips for the foot  entry , engine bits and door frames.1oXVu1V.jpg

a3tjjZz.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

My 235 Phantom. 1/32 Tamiya OOB except spare decals and a over 40 year old Micro-scale sheet that took 4 coats of decal film and still needed help. But without the help of another ARCer would never have happened. Thanks Scott !!!!

CGHytCO.jpgjT5B8rW.jpg

Then a shot of JUST my 1/32 Phantoms.

qQbHsXR.jpg

Edited by phantom

Phantom,

Your F-4J build with the 40 year old decals a testament to how well one stores their decals in many cases. 

I have used some 44 old Fowler Aviation decals and they have worked well. The same can be said of some Micro-Scale / Super Scale decals I’ve used.

It’s good to see some brightly colored Test Birds on the Form.

Blessings and have a great Easter Weekend.

Mr. Happy

Posted (edited)

Big thing with old decals, TEST!!!. First test with half a unused decal. Did not crack or anything like that. It disintegrated. Like powder.

That worried me, coat of decal film. Second test, that disintegrated but in slightly bigger parts. Another coat of decal film. The third test shattered, another coat of decal film.

The 4th test worked. Had a couple issues with the long string of words. Did you know that the US Air Force decals from a 1/48 Monogram Voodoo are very close in size to 1/32 scale Navy markings?

Edited by phantom
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Shawn... is that for a customer of yours?  You planning on shipping it?  Is that why any 'sticky out parts' are not glued on?

Looks great btw!  Absolutely fantastic paint and weathering... one of my favourites of yours for sure 🙂

-Greg

7 hours ago, lgl007 said:

Hey Shawn... is that for a customer of yours?  You planning on shipping it?  Is that why any 'sticky out parts' are not glued on?

Looks great btw!  Absolutely fantastic paint and weathering... one of my favourites of yours for sure 🙂

-Greg

You got it, Took $40 worth of wrapping and packing stuff, then around $75 to mail it. Ensured it for enough to replace it if the dead bears go nuts on it. But I think it was secure enough. 

Cool.  Buyer should be pleased... it's a very nice shelf queen 🙂  Worthy of any display... Gratz!

-Greg