Very nice work Graham, :huh: B) :cheers:

Any secrets to such a shiney finish?

:beer4:

Thanks....The finish is Alclad polished aluminium, sprayed over their own gloss black primer.

Very nice Graham, I was gunna ask if the finish was Alclad - so shiny!

That Aeroclub conversion is great isn't it? A very simple first conversion project for someone IMO (TM Bill Clark)

That Aeroclub conversion is great isn't it? A very simple first conversion project for someone IMO (TM Bill Clark)

"TM Bill Clark?" Nev???? :blink:

My T4 is by now in a sorry state - in a box in the loft!

Good to see another Lightning Graham!!! Superbly done paint jonb too - how were the "Whirlybird" decals?

"TM Bill Clark?" Nev???? :blink:

Good to see another Lightning Graham!!! Superbly done paint jonb too - how were the "Whirlybird" decals?

Nightmare as they all came apart in the water. This after I'd shelled out £8 of my "hard earned" on ebay for a total of about 6 decals!!!

Actually, in fairness, let me just add that they are superbly thin & great on that score. Just hideously expensive (it was a "Buy it now" auction).

Edited by Graham T
"TM Bill Clark?" Nev???? :D

It was your article in SAMI that convinced me to buy the Aeroclub conversion. The is because you stated it was "an ideal first conversion project".

And you were right :)

Nev....just to clarrify, I used the CMK conversion which is different to the Aeroclub. The CMK set is resin & the wide, T4 spine section behind the cockpit is a seperate resin piece & a total b*gger to fit & hide the joins. It also does away with all the intake interior detail that the kit provides, resulting in a see-through into the cockpit effect. For this reason, I scratch built the FOD guard. If I ever do another T-Bird, I'll have a look at the Aeroclub version.

Cheers

Graham

It was your article in SAMI that convinced me to buy the Aeroclub conversion. The is because you stated it was "an ideal first conversion project".

And you were right :)

I see!! :woo:

Nice to know that someone [else] read the thing!!!

And yes indeed - I do like the idea of the neoMega/CMK resin 'pit and stuff to detail the rather sparse detail (in comparison) but perfectly adequate w/m Aeroclub parts..maybe on my T5 (unless Airfix beat me to it? :woo: - well ya never know!!!)