Monogram still kicks butt

I reckon it is time for a 1:48 build again...

Perhaps an ARC "Monogram Group Build" for a later date? It would have to be a Monogram original kit, not a re-pop of another manufacturer though. It would be cool to see what folks can do with these little gems.

Works for me :( ! Any other interested parties?

Regards,

Don

I'd be in on this one! I have another Monogram P-40 on the bench and some others that whisper my name when I walk past the stash......... :cheers:

Well let's get an expressions of interest thread out in General Discussion. but first someone needs to run it by our beloved overlords.

I will be busy for the last quarter of this year with the Airfix/Heller GB, but a Monogram 2007 GB sounds a beaut!

:(

MikeJ

...how does one join the Airfix/Heller Group build? I note on the calendar that it's to start September 1st.

Mike

Essentially when late August or the 1st of September rolls around, there should be a section up and running in the "Current Group Builds" area of ARC. Just pop in down there, introduce yourself to the others and state which kit(s) you intend to build, the moderators of the GB will take note and add you to the list. Then you can start building your kit and posting pictures as you progress.

HTH

Regards,

Don

I would also join a Monogram group build. As a side note, how does one join the Airfix/Heller Group build? I note on the calendar that it's to start September 1st.

Mike

I will post an announcement closer to the GB start date. Once the GB forum is established I will post rules and nomination threads. I am still trying to get another co moderator to help me along a bit otherwise I will go it alone.

;)

MikeJ

You grew up? HA! I'm still 12 on the inside! :D

Chappie

Whew, and here I thought I was alone in thinking the same thing ;) !

Hey Mike!!!

I'm in for a Monogram GB. BUT!!! could we keep it towards the middle of 2007. Too many interesting GB ending in the early part of 2007 that I would like to be involved with.

* A-4 Skyhawk Group Build (Sept 1, 2006 - Feb 1, 2007).

* Airfix/Heller Group Build (Sept 1, 2006 - Mar 1, 2007)

* Falklands/Malvinas War Group Build (Sept 1, 2006 - Mar 1, 2007)

I know I don't speak for everyone.

TIA

Moe

Oh boy, does this take me back to some carefree days. Saving my paper route money to spend on all of the beauties that Mongram made and the bike ride to the local toy store, the array of boxes with beautiful boxart and build photos. I remember thinking in those days "If only I could build 'em as good as the pictures on the box..." Remember when they didn't keep the paints and glues locked behind glass?

Then I would ride home with my latest prize. I would have the shrink wrap of in the matter of seconds and the build would begin even before the box settled on my desk. Those were the days when I would have them done in the matter of an hour or two and I had a whole air force suspended from my bedroom ceiling. Remember those sleepless nights when you would stare up at the planes and imagine air battles?

I still love to build Monogram kits, even when there's a better alternative out there. There's the nostalgic value and the pride that comes with building a show winner with a thirty year old kit!

I also remeber a time when me and a buddy stuck an estes rocket in the afterburner of an old Revell F-16 and launched her. With no "Fly-by-Wire" in the model, she flew around like a headless fly, untill the motor cut out and the back charge shot it out of the tail of the plane. It then settled on a graceful, straight glide, right towards the interstate! I looked at my buddy and we had the same thought, "RUN AWAY!!!"

Great days.

Thomas

I would have the shrink wrap of in the matter of seconds and the build would begin even before the box settled on my desk. Those were the days when I would have them done in the matter of an hour or two......

Great days.

Thomas

Now there is nostalgia.........building a kit as soon as we bring it home!!!!!! :whistle:

Chappie

"RUN AWAY!!!"

Oh no...not another Monty Python quote!

Just joking. When I started building about 16 years ago, Kaybee Toy & Hobby (now just KB toys...) in Houston Mall in Warner Robbins carried all the Monogram kits. As did the base BX and the Museum gift shoppe. I still have the first models I ever airbrushed: A Monogram 1/72 B-52 & Testors/Hawk F-104.

All I wanted was for my models to look as good as the ones in the glass case at the Museum. When I hit that level, I knew I had arrived!

Hey Mike!!!

I'm in for a Monogram GB. BUT!!! could we keep it towards the middle of 2007. Too many interesting GB ending in the early part of 2007 that I would like to be involved with.

* A-4 Skyhawk Group Build (Sept 1, 2006 - Feb 1, 2007).

* Airfix/Heller Group Build (Sept 1, 2006 - Mar 1, 2007)

* Falklands/Malvinas War Group Build (Sept 1, 2006 - Mar 1, 2007)

I know I don't speak for everyone.

TIA

Moe

Moe

I was thinking around May for a start date. Not sure what all the others reckon, but seems a good time!

Pure Monogram kits though, none of the late issue Pro-Modeller kits that do not have a pure Monogram heritage.

:lol:

MikeJ

...I was thinking around May for a start date. Not sure what all the others reckon, but seems a good time!

Pure Monogram kits though, none of the late issue Pro-Modeller kits that do not have a pure Monogram heritage.

:cheers:

MikeJ

Count me in :lol: ! Right now, I am thinking something in the "Century Series" line...but that may change between now and then... :D .

Regards,

Don

I am keen for a mid 2007 start, May would suit that premise well.

Limiting the build to classics would be great as well. Monogram released fantastic kits through the 80's and finding them is not an issue.

More thoughts anyone?

;)

MikeJ

Monogram GB? ;)

Perhaps by then life will sort out enough that I can participate.

My vote would be to include essentially any Monogram kit pre-Revell buy-out and pre-ProModeler. No points given for rescribing panel lines. :lol: :D :D

Daryl J., who just got another -109G-10