B1 in Abbotsford

Hopefully you will get the chance to see it fly.I couple of years ago at a show here in the central U.S. during an airborne demo, the pilot did a high speed pass and then he stood the beast on it's tail. I was in complete awe..... My ears were ringing for 30 min after that....and I was smiling the whole time.

Hopefully you will get the chance to see it fly.I couple of years ago at a show here in the central U.S. during an airborne demo, the pilot did a high speed pass and then he stood the beast on it's tail. I was in complete awe..... My ears were ringing for 30 min after that....and I was smiling the whole time.

We have 2 B-1s here for the show!! 1 static and 1 for a demo. I hope they put on a great show,lots of moisture in the air for great vapour :) B)

Lee :cheers:

I've see a B-1B do a very spirited show at Warner Robins AFB and Dobbins ARB in Georgia. It was very impressive. If you have some moist and heavy air, you'll see a show you'll remember for awhile.

Chuck

I was stationed at Dyess AFB when the first one hit the ramp in June,1985,so far the best B-1 demo I've seen was later that year when the unit(96th BW) was working up routines for showing off for VIP's and airshows,I damn thought the pilot was going to take out the base water tower more than a few times!I also watched a B-1 do a routine with a F-111 and a F-15 over the base a couple of days,for a bomber it sure is nimble.

Hi,

Apologies for the rough edit. Here are the kind of conditions we had yesterday. Maybe better light tomorrow.

I'm still slogging though the out-takes to find a decent one of these. It was a matter of inches. I'm sure the person standing down the line had a better angle. But it's OK.

Thanks for the kind words on the other snap.

Cheers

Bill Inglee

bone1.jpg

A few years ago I was at the Cold Lake airshow (Northern Alberta), where there was one on static and used for a demo, And after it did a few of the usual passes, it's finale to it's demo was to come ripping down the runway at about 500' with condensation cloud all around it's midsection, then it pull it's nose up slightly to climb away and promptly did a barrel roll as it climbed. Absolutely unbelievable :wave: :)

:P Robert

Edited by kitnut617