Tomcat TPS in Tamiya Paint

10 hours ago, hawkwrench said:

What about tamiya xf-80 for 36375?

Tim

Not even close. Why not just use the actual paint? Buy the spray cans and decent them. Or use another brand. Nothing in the Tamiya bottle  acrylic line will be close and in the end your model won’t look like the TPS colors...

Edited by Brian P: Fightertown Decals

2 rectangle decals are 36375. Top colors are AK acrylic far left, AK RC Air on the left, MM on the right. Decal across both. FYI, MM 35237 is dead on fs match. Still the best match I’ve seen. Middle bunch of colors is 2 sets of AK RC Air. The triangle is 35237 from Fightertown 48083 or 48086. It is noticeably darker than the AKRCA 35237 paint. You can see very little contrast in the 36375 decal on top of AKRCA 35237. And the 36375 decal is darker than the paint for both 36375 and 36320. 

FYI, the small blotch on top of the AK/MM 35237 is the Tamiya mix given in the F-14D kit. I think it’s a touch too purple and dark. I’d add a bit more of the x19 and a touch of X18 blue to bring it in match with the MM color. 

Trying to upload the Tamiya Fs paint test with decals...

A689BE44-2C1C-4DF4-8F4B-EA519D850D46.jpeg

Edited by Brian P: Fightertown Decals

I like Mission Models for my base TPS colors. I then spot paint with MM, decanted Tamiya, Vallejo, and even AK to get a decent spread of color variation. AK I use the least because their TPS colors tend to be too dark and too blue. Their medium grey is almost a match for MM's USN blue grey.