Hi Guys,

This model was produced by japanese brand POPY and is not sold separately, it's a bonus that comes with the prepainted 1/144 Me 163C.

That's the sprues:

Komet001.jpg

Komet002.jpg It's a very detailed model, as you can see, specially considering the scale.

Komet003.jpg

The first thing I did was the "dry fit test":

Komet006.jpg

Looks good to me. there's some points that will need some filling and sanding, but nothing to worry about.

Very very small...

Komet007.jpg

Komet008.jpg

Then I add some details like the tow tractor hole:

Komet009.jpg

And drilled the exhaust:

Komet011.jpg

Start working on the cockpit. First thing is to remove the instrument panel base, because it's all wrong:

Komet012.jpg

Komet013.jpg

Komet014.jpg

Then I added a cockpit floor:

Komet015.jpg

That's all for today.

Cheers :rofl:

Edited by claude
now heres the more important question. how did you take pics of yourself actually doing the steps? timer and tripod?

Both, timer and tripod... :D :D :D

Thanks guys!!

I'll try to do my best on this a/c...

Cheers

Both, timer and tripod... :cheers::cheers: :blink:

Thanks guys!!

I'll try to do my best on this a/c...

Cheers

Hey Claude

Nice little model, you should almost make a mold of it so you can make more of them for yourself. Should be a fun plane to paint with a mottle camouflage :nanner:

gr. Jochem

Jochem,

In fact I had another sealed and the idea of making a copy already passed trough my head... :cheers:

Tonight I finished the cockpit.

first I build the bulkhead that separate the cockpit from the engine. I added the headrest on the bulkhead.

I also added the C-stoff and T-stoff cockpit tanks (they stand as side consoles), small details like oxigen pipe, flap control handwheel, stick and seat.

The instrument panel was the only thing that I used from the original parts (but I had modified a little).

Most details can't be seen on the photos because my camera doesn't have a good macro function...

Well, you'll have to believe me... or not :D

Komet025det.jpg

Komet025.jpg

Komet023det.jpg

Komet023.jpg

Komet022.jpg

Komet020.jpg

Komet019.jpg

Komet018.jpg

Komet017.jpg

Komet026.jpg

I used N° 10 Aerodetail (Me 163 and He 162) as main reference.

Cheers

TIME FOR NEW CANOPY!!

It's almost impossible to use original clear parts in 1/144, because they are very thick. The solution is making new ones from clear acetate.

The first step is to prepare the piece that will be copied. I use a piece of sprue with a portion of epoxi mass on it and I place the original caopy on it. Wait until it dries. And hold it in that tool that I don't know the name in english... :D

Komet043.jpg

Next step is to heat a piece of clear acetate and push it on the canopy.

Komet044.jpg

(I lost a lot of clear acetate when I was learning how to do it right... it's normal, but when you got it, you'll strike at first)

I use a gillete blade to cut the acetate (be carefull, this blade is very sharp and accidents might happen. Keep your eyes wide open and keep the focus). Modeling knife can be used too. In larger scales you can even use a good scisor.

Komet047.jpg

Side by side you can the original canopy (left) and the acetate copy (right). As you can see, the copy is much more clear and allow you to see the interior...

Komet048det.jpg

The a/c with the original canopy:

Komet050det.jpg

The a/c with the acetate canopy:

Komet051det.jpg

I'm very satisfied with the result!!! :cheers:

:D

Nice job on detailing this ultra small kit, still i would change the pitot tube with a thin piece of wire.

cheers

Jochem

Hi Jochem,

In fact I intend to replace the pitot tube with a steel tube (injection needle). But only after closing the fuselage...

I also haven't decided if I'll build the B-0 or B-1 version and it will have efects on the guns...

Cheers,

Claude

Sorry, the tool is called a vise. A vice is a moral failing or a trivial shortcoming. Pronunciation is the same, but spelling is different.

Claude, your Komet is stunning. I'm anxious to see it painted.