F-14 Tomcat Parking Only

It would be really nice to have one thread for Tomcat pix so I'll start the thread and continue to add to it. I'm currently sitting on a lot of material which I cannot share until after the book is published. Anyway, here's some older stuff to look over. Everyone is welcome to expand the Tomcat information base.

VF-84160401F-14APhotoDavidF.Brownfc.jpg

VF-32-162922-F-14B-fc.jpg

162922-F-14B-VF-32a.jpg

VF-11-161871-F-14A-FC.jpg

163402fc.jpg

Edited by Sig Saur & Son
Sexy! Is there an ETA for the new book?

I don't know. When I retired, I was under the misconception I'd have plenty of free time to build models. take pix and write books. Such is not the case. I'm thinking of going back to work just so I can take some time off. I hope to deliver the book sometime in '08.

Cheers,

Dave

I like the fact that people are identifying the BuNos of the jets. On Air force jets this is easier to read from the picture, but on Navy jet's this is nearly impossible.

Please keep this up as this helps us archiving these as resource material! :thumbsup:

Dave-

It was 161612. I found the pic of the Buno Craig Scaling shot of it while we were there.

Guess it all depends on when it was photographed. In May '03 AD-130 was 161617. She was SARDIPed at Oceana and declared stricken on 09/15/03. When retired she had 5658 hrs on her ticker.

Edited by Sig Saur & Son
Guess it all depends on when it was photographed. In May '03 AD-130 was 161617. She was SARDIPed at Oceana and declared stricken on 09/15/03. When retired she had 5658 hrs on her ticker.

Dave-

We shot AD 130 in March of '04, which would probably explain the BuNo change.

Beautiful pics guys!

On the pics of VF-31 (the ones with the "E" award in the bomb), there is another logo a little forward and down.....looks like it has the Tomcat with a flag maybe?

Does anyone have a close up of that logo?