MR 32" Millennium Falcon repaint

This is the Master replicas studio scale 32" Millennium Falcon. I have spent the last 4 or so days repainting it as i wasnt happy with the original paintjob. While i am at it i am also scratchbuilding a new cockpit interior. Heres how it looked at first.

Picture111-1.jpg

I then did this!

mrfr1.jpg

mrfr2.jpg

Wow!! That looks great! I've been repressing the urge to buy one of these for over a year now - not sure I can hold out much longer! But I don't think I'd want to attempt what you're doing - my hat's off to you!

can't wait to see more

-brian

Heres the final photos. The side paneal are hard to see but they are there.I am finally happy with the end result

finished3.jpg

finidhed4.jpg

Would i do another one?... Paintjob yes, .. Cockpit ...no..

Edited by gunpowder

www. masterreplicas.com. Look under Star Wars, Studio Scale.

They sold out of the signature pieces but still have the standard version (same, just minus Han Solo's autograph).

Standard goes for $2,200. Signature one went for $2,700 but it's sold out.

I've seen the standard on ebay for as low as $1650 but not sure if I'd trust it was original packaging and un-opened.

-brian

I had the signature edition one before this. My friend has one too. The signature ones i have seen have better paintjobs and look closer to what i have done. I think its really just the luck of the draw. I sold my signature one as it was nearly purfect and i didnt want to mess with it. I got this standard one pretty cheap and although it sounds strange , i was glad it had a bad paintjob. Since this model was released i have wanted to do a repaint on one. Now i have achieved that and its very satisfiying.

By the way the model weighs about 70 pounds with its base and the whole package weighs about 110 pounds i think. The outer box is nearly as big as a wardrobe!

• 5 months later...

I was looking at this thread and i noticed that all of the photos of this model were taken with my small Sony and that it doesnt really do it justice , so , i took some more with my Nikon D50. Here they are. By the way the cockpit interior and has been completely redone since the photos in this thread were taken. I will try and get some better shots of it.

DSC01704.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0308.jpg

DSC_0312.jpg

DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0320.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

DSC_0317.jpg

DSC_0318.jpg

I have a FM one part started too. I must finish it. Its a great kit but so fiddley to put together!

It was pointed out to me that i had missed a couple of concrete coloured patches on the main hull. Being one to tinker , i got on it straight away. I then re shot some photos with a very crude blue screen (well sheets!) These photos were taken in lower light with the Falcon being illuminated from one side.

blu1.jpg

blu2.jpg

blu3.jpg

blu4.jpg