I started two Mig-21Bis from Zvezda that i'll convert to Romanian Lancers, A & C. Hopefully, in the end they will look like this:

lancera.JPG

Apart from the multitude of antennae, air ducts and scoops to scratchbuid, the main job will be to thin the spine down to a MF size.

I already started doing this:

DSCF3541.JPG

The cockpit will be pretty much the original one, with the LCD displays scratchbuilt (one for the Lancer A, two for the more advanced C)

DSCF3540.JPG

The air scoop on the spine of the Mig is about 1 cm too far back . To arrange this, i made another hole in the right position and covered the back one with a slice of sprue.

DSCF3542.JPG

I painted all the inside pieces, because i really want to close the fuselages tonight:

DSCF3543.JPG

The Lancer can carry Python 3 for sure, but i will arm one with two Magics. The other will be probably armed with some smart bombs".

While the paint dries on the radomes, i used the Agama riveter on the wings.

Also, the flaps are somewhat simplified on the Zvezda kit, so i begun correcting them, first by sticking bits of styrene sheet.

DSCF3545.JPG

The Lancer can carry Python 3 for sure, but i will arm one with two Magics. The other will be probably armed with some smart bombs".

Magics and Sidewinders on the same plane look good too! :wub:

Looks good so far. But i cant understand why you bothered to putty spine...:wub:

I test fitted it some hours ago (before i saw your thread) and i didnt notice any gaps at all. Only on fin area.

I had to do this as I thinned the spine a lot (about 1 mm form each side) in order to bring it closer to a MF one.

Doing it obviously ruined the fit.

Romanians never had the fat spine Bis, all the single seat Lancer upgrades were based on the MF.

Ahh, i understand. I did read that you wrote you are going to thin it down, but for some stupid reason i was thinking you were going to to that from top. :wub:

I had to do this as I thinned the spine a lot (about 1 mm form each side) in order to bring it closer to a MF one.

Doing it obviously ruined the fit.

Romanians never had the fat spine Bis, all the single seat Lancer upgrades were based on the MF.

They proposed - and built - a 'Lancer III', based on the -bis airframe - but it was not proceeded with.

The Lancer-A & C are based on the -MF airframe.

Lancer-A..

roman-29.jpg

Lancer-B..

roman-27.jpg

Lancer-C..

roman-28.jpg

Lancer-III

roman-30.jpg

MiG-21MF's awaiting conversion.......

roman-31.jpg

MiG-21PFM (Romanian designation RFM-M)......

roman-03.jpg

MiG-21R..

roman-19.jpg

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

Incredible built,bad egg!

I'm a little regret to use Fujimi kit for converting and what's worse,I didn't pay notice to the difference between MF and bis.

So you built will make a absolutely accurate looking Lancer.

Keep on the nice work!

Yufei