EA-6B Prowler canopy

one thing that i've seen coming real close to that refraction effect was on a cdrom laser source prism thingie. i have searched but unable to find what the coating is. in short i too am wondering how to achieve such a look...

There was a fantastic video put on YouTube from an ARC member who was tinting a canopy to a Moogram 1:48 Prowler. Sorry, I don't have a link. It may be worth searching.

are these the videos?

Edited by Corey

One method that works well and looks pretty darn close is using Tamiya clear acrylic amber thinned and sprayed through an airbrush to the inside surface of the canopy. Build up coats and spray it wet to the desired tint. If you get a run, wipe it off and start again. Their clear smoke color is another good medium for other transparencies like later F-16 canopies that have a light tint. I use their green and blue for other applications like helo eye brow transparencies or windscreen center panels done very lightly for that slight greenish look.

Yes I do believe they are.

fortunately this is one of those benefits of the interwebz, i can see something that wouldn't work for me.

hopefully someday there will be another way around to mimic the refraction in scale better than what clear paints could do.

I found this on ebay... gold chameleon/holographic translucent sheets. Not sure if they are too thick or too much color, but it does seem to have the gold/red shifting color. I think they are self-adhesive, but I am not certain.

It is pretty cheap, might be worth someone checking out.

s-l1600.jpg

They have Orange too, but I think that might be a bit too red and dark:

s-l1600.jpg

I found this on ebay... gold chameleon/holographic translucent sheets. Not sure if they are too thick or too much color, but it does seem to have the gold/red shifting color. I think they are self-adhesive, but I am not certain.

It is pretty cheap, might be worth someone checking out.

They have Orange too, but I think that might be a bit too red and dark:

something definitely worth a try imo, thanks a bunch!