1/72 gurus, you're getting another chance for decals

I had never looked at Lucky Model before but it seems OK. The postage charges certainly look reasonable.

How do you guys rate them?

Mr Chung is a member of this very board. So you can figure out by yourself.

I recently ordered from Lucky Models. Nothing to complain so far.

And according to my readings on the board, they seem OK and willing to help anytime you face an issue. (Personnal opinion for what it's worth :))

Does this mean a possible release of the VF-101/30/9 sheet in the future? depending on sales of course.

So THAT is great!!! I am desperately after that VF-101 bird. Definately a multi seller for me (I was amongst the original subscribers)

Eric B.

I completely agree - much more interesting in my opinion. there's a French company that does it too but the name escapes me at the moment. They have some very varied combinations (Autogyros and modern jets anyone?)

To some extent Model Alliance are quite good at this too though their sheets are more themed and less of a 'lucky dip' than some of the Modeldecals.

Steve.

Do you mean Model Art. The guy is French and is company is based in England. They have great and varied combinations on rare subjects (Tucanoes, Wyverns, Alizes, etc... )

Great idea and I follow them for virtually any sheet they release. Very much Modeldecal style!!

Eric B.

I had never looked at Lucky Model before but it seems OK. The postage charges certainly look reasonable.

How do you guys rate them?

Raymond tells me he offers free shipping for decals to the US, and maybe he can respond a little further.

This F-18F/F-14 combo sheet will be exclusively available through Lucky Model.

Raymond has a great operation going on there, and his prices are not too shabby either.

I'd say Sprue Brothers and Lucky Model are the THE top 2 on line retailers and both come highly recommended.

Raymond tells me he offers free shipping for decals to the US, and maybe he can respond a little further.

Raymond has a great operation going on there, and his prices are not too shabby either.

I'd say Sprue Brothers and Lucky Model are the THE top 2 on line retailers and both come highly recommended.

Thanks. I have an F-14B just waiting for a great sheet like this. Can't wait!

Does that mean that Sprue Brothers will have your future releases for U.S. sales?

Thanks!

jack

Edited by jmathewstn
Does that mean that Sprue Brothers will have your future releases for U.S. sales?

Thanks!

jack

Oh absolutely!

I could never cut Gordon off from getting our sheets. The 1/72 sheet we're producing is kind of a marketing experiment between us and Lucky Model.

We're going to try them out on the overseas market first for a few months, and then the US distributors can get their hands on them.

It's basically allowing us to test the small scale market to see how popular it really is in th UK and SE Asia.

Oh absolutely!

I could never cut Gordon off from getting our sheets. The 1/72 sheet we're producing is kind of a marketing experiment between us and Lucky Model.

We're going to try them out on the overseas market first for a few months, and then the US distributors can get their hands on them.

It's basically allowing us to test the small scale market to see how popular it really is in th UK and SE Asia.

Most excellent!

I hope some are left for US distribution.. especially from Sprue.

Thanks for the info!!

jack

Edited by jmathewstn

OH, so I'm a "Small Scale Consumer," then? I'm offended!! How about "Reduced Stature?" I suppose it never occurred to anyone that our scale is actually too BIG for others, such as 1/144?

<_<

(for those who do not understand "tongue-in-cheek," this was merely a bad attempt at humor)

Hey Andrew, some guys feel the need to compensate for their own "shortcomings" by building larger scale models ... :rofl:

Gregg

Which is why I build 48th. B)
Which is why I've never had any complaints! ;)

This sound soooo wrong :D

:worship:

Hoi,

I hope this experiment works for those involved. It might allow some of our other favorite decal producers (well represented here on ARC and on FM) to expand their product lines in similar ways. I'm crossing my fingers that it will reach a wide enough 1/72 support base to make it a viable venture.

I like the ideas of different airplanes on one sheet. I do not mind the "all one squadron" approach, but i just build slow... so the likelyhood that i build more than 1 aircraft from the same squadron from the same sheet is about 1% or less.

Love the VF-103/VFA-103 and the VF-31/VFA-31 ideas.

later

Ruud