New CE seamless intake

Just wondering who is thinking about getting the new seamless intakes taht Cutting Edge/Meteor just released?

Im already saving my money up to get the intakes for the 1/32 Hornet & the 1/48 F-15E. Got both planes sitting on the work bench, and for the price, I'd rather just get the seamless intakes, than try to clean the kit parts up.

Well i'm planning to - I've got an A+, and a D model F-18 planned for the comming year , and if there's one thing I detest is sanding/painting/filling the intake trunks on the Academy Hornets - so its great news as far as i'm concerned - now if we could just get CE to Finally address the trunking on the Tamiya 32nd F-4s

I have 2 sets of F-15 intakes, and the quality is awsome.

Needless to say I ordered 2 Hornet sets, and 2 A-6 sets.

I took the Meteor F4 survey and I peppered it with "Dave PLEASE give us some 32nd

full seamless intake trunking for our Tamiya Phantoms"!

Hopefully, he will expand this line.

I can't wait to see what he offers for the Trump 32nd Hun and Intruder, I'll have to set aside 200 smakers just for "stuff" for those kits from all the "stuff" that the aftermarket will offer.......(fingers crossed)!

Edited by Firecaptain
Just wondering who is thinking about getting the new seamless intakes taht Cutting Edge/Meteor just released?

Im already saving my money up to get the intakes for the 1/32 Hornet & the 1/48 F-15E. Got both planes sitting on the work bench, and for the price, I'd rather just get the seamless intakes, than try to clean the kit parts up.

Just curious - what are the problems with the 1/32 hornet intakes? Are they really bad? I have the kit (the D variant, actually) but haven't started working on it yet. Are the CE intakes that much of an improvement? If so, I guess I'll be picking some up too!

Thanks - Jon

Apparently the stock intake trunks are too narrow at the front. That size also makes it a lot harder to get them cleaned up, b/c its difficult to get much of anything into them, to clean the seams. At least thats the problem Im having.

And as far as the 25 dollar minimum, fortunately; or unfortunately, depending on how you want to look at it;, they've got 3 sets of stuff, including the 2 intakes, that I want, so its about 70 dollars worth of stuff. So I wont have to worry about the minimum order.

Edited by Adam Baker
Got my Hornet and A6 intakes today........al I can say is........VERY NICE! Great engineering and finish.

Hi Firecaptain. Reference CE comment "It is well known that the Academy Hornet intakes are OK on the exterior (intake lips).....". They don't look OK when comparing to photos Daco p52. Have they also corrected the intake lip?

Cheers

John