Why Airliners.net is so tough on quality of photos?

Probably because it's NOT airliners.net but myaviation.net which doesn't have screeners in contrary to airliners.net!

Koen

Obviously, myavaiation.net tries to copy Airliners.net. The sites look a lot like one copied from another.

EDIT: I didn't notice the cut-out pole right away, but it looks like this L-39 is flying with it's elevators missing! :whistle:

Edited by ChernayaAkula

As Ken said, MyAviation.net is part of Airliners.net. They don't really have any screening guidelines (within reason), so you see a lot of a.net rejects get uploaded there. A.net's screening procedures (quality, consistancy) are a regular topic on their forums. I have one shot there, I've given up trying to upload further. I now upload exclusively to JetPhotos.net JP.net has high standards, but they seem to be more inclined to try to accept (rather than reject) photos. I have a friend who just became a jp.net screener, and have learned a lot about the "behind the scenes" process involved.

I've had it also with airliners. I have about 3 shots on it, that's it. One of the 3 is one of my worst ever. I submitted it for fun and they accepted it :s On the other side, some shots that were 100 times better got rejected!

myAviation IS part of Airliners

Oh, I didn't know that. It just struck me as odd that one site rejects alot of photographs and another publishes with next to no cross-checking. That's why I thought they were seperate set-ups, with one copying the style of the other, minus for the quality control.

Well, the more you think about it, the odder it gets. Why over-sensitive on the one hand, while on the other allowing glitches like Zmey mentioned? ;)

Well, the more you think about it, the odder it gets. Why over-sensitive on the one hand, while on the other allowing glitches like Zmey mentioned? ;)

Using a German soccer example, (and hopefully I've got the terms right) it appears to be sort of like first division versus second division. Or in US terms, the pro team versus the farm team. You strive for airliners.net but you may start at MyAviation.net.