Woohoo! The St. Patty's Ripper is a go!

I finally got the final pieces of info for the VF-11 Tomcat that had the St. Patty's markings on the tail. This info will be passed on to the appropriate people and work will commence on a future decal sheet. How future that is still needs to be determined, but it will be done! Yeah! I'm so pumped. It's just too cool of a jet not to do. Now, what else should go on that sheet?

Edit: Here's a picture of the tail.

irishripper.JPG

Edited by Darren Roberts
I finally got the final pieces of info for the VF-11 Tomcat that had the St. Patty's markings on the tail. This info will be passed on to the approprait people and work will commence on a future decal sheet. How future that is still needs to be determined, but it will be done! Yeah! I'm so pumped. It's just too cool of a jet not to do. Now, what else should go on that sheet?

any pictures of what the cat looked like?

maybe other squadrons special day markings..i dont know if there are any other ones except the santa cat or santa tracker...but those have been done over and over...hmm maybe even a plain old vs-31 shamrocks high vis tracker

(edit) That is fricken awesome i definately will be getting one of those when they come out

Edited by Kale
I finally got the final pieces of info for the VF-11 Tomcat that had the St. Patty's markings on the tail. This info will be passed on to the approprait people and work will commence on a future decal sheet. How future that is still needs to be determined, but it will be done! Yeah! I'm so pumped. It's just too cool of a jet not to do. Now, what else should go on that sheet?

An accurate representation of Ripper 100 and 200 would be nice..

:cheers: There's no Ds in Patrick ... :lol:

How about Saint Patrick's Day then ?

Gregg

11-01-07

There may be no "D" in Patrick, but Paddy is short for Patrick and the occaision is often referred to as St. Paddy's day, given that most Irish people called Patrick are called Paddy or Pat for short.

Patty, Pattie are generally accepted as being short versions of Patricia, as is Pat, as well.

And as Patrick was male........ :)

Liam

Now, what else should go on that sheet?

Well, if you're looking for some suggestions...

161284fcxi7.th.jpg

159863f14avf14abl2.th.jpg

f14photovf10112xltm0.th.jpg

dnsc8605702cropln7.th.jpg

160676hs2.th.jpg

f14bag210vf142av6.th.jpg

1063946047c6b549932bui1.th.jpg

158981fcmx9.th.jpg

They're probably all too boring to appeal to the masses and sell very well, but I figured I'd take a shot and suggest them anyway... :doh:

Daniel

Well, if you're looking for some suggestions...

161284fcxi7.th.jpg

159863f14avf14abl2.th.jpg

f14photovf10112xltm0.th.jpg

dnsc8605702cropln7.th.jpg

160676hs2.th.jpg

f14bag210vf142av6.th.jpg

1063946047c6b549932bui1.th.jpg

158981fcmx9.th.jpg

They're probably all too boring to appeal to the masses and sell very well, but I figured I'd take a shot and suggest them anyway... ;)

Daniel

Great suggestions, but what about photos of the opposite sides of the planes? Can you read the crew names under the canopies? I can barely make them out and I've got 20/20 vision.

This is why we decal makers don't do decals off of one photo. If we did, you guys would ***** us out for not putting out accurate stuff.

Great suggestions, but what about photos of the opposite sides of the planes? Can you read the crew names under the canopies? I can barely make them out and I've got 20/20 vision.

This is why we decal makers don't do decals off of one photo. If we did, you guys would ***** us out for not putting out accurate stuff.

You know what? Maybe I'm in the minority here ( :bandhead2: ), but if it's a choice between having the decals minus the crew names, or not having them at all, I'm perfectly happy living with unmarked canopy rails--especially for a lot of the older, 1980s stuff.

Just my own opinion... :P

Daniel

--edit-- Also, I wasn't exactly submitting those photos as the be-all and end-all of reference pics, Brian--I know perfectly well that they're not enough to base a whole decal sheet on. I was simply suggesting that if adequate reference material could be found--and I know for 100% certain that you guys who're in the biz have much better sources than I for those kinds of things--that they're subjects I'd love to see done sometime in the future. That's all...

Edited by AP_Hancock
You know what? Maybe I'm in the minority here ( :bandhead2: ), but if it's a choice between having the decals minus the crew names, or not having them at all, I'm perfectly happy living with unmarked canopy rails--especially for a lot of the older, 1980s stuff.

Just my own opinion... :P

Daniel

I honestly don't know of too many decal makers who would put their reputation on the line do a half complete job on a sheet.

Now, I will admit if I could find jets without crew names and the BuNo was visible, sure..I'd consider the subject.

But we decal makers are damned if we do, damned if we don't.