• Gazelle (new tool)
    • Lynx
    • A.129 Mangusta
    • NH.90
    • AH.2 Rooivalk
    • Puma
    • Eurocopter Tiger (new tool)
    • Other (please specify)

There has to be some varient of the mighty Wessex in there somewhere, so for European helicopters it has to be Westland Wessex.

As for the Russian, then A Mi-6 "hook" (if it will fit in the box!!!)

Cheers, Rich

What about a 1/48 HH-3F?

Thank you Avus! Personally, I assumed by HH-3, that would encompass the CH-3, USAF HH-3, USCG HH-3F as well as Italian HH-3s; much in the same way Academy's 1:48 UH-60 kit has been re-sprued and reboxed as the MH-60G, MH-60K and VH-60

Here's why I won't ever vote for 1:48 MH-47 or the CH-47 in a poll such as this, as much as I'd like to have a big HH-47H - it's already going to happen people! Italeri has released a 1:48 ACH-47 and there's a 1:48 British Chinook kit coming out later this year. Italeri followed a similar plan with the 1:72 offering and there's no reason to think they won't do the same thing again. And even if that doesn't happen, there will be aftermarket conversion kits to hit the market in the coming years.

On the other hand, there are zero 1:48 ramp-fuselage H-3s on the market

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117
Thank you Avus! Personally, I assumed by HH-3, that would encompass the CH-3, USAF HH-3, USCG HH-3F as well as Italian HH-3s; much in the same way Academy's 1:48 UH-60 kit has been re-sprued and reboxed as the MH-60G, MH-60K and VH-60

Here's why I won't ever vote for 1:48 MH-47 or the CH-47 in a poll such as this, as much as I'd like to have a big HH-47H - it's already going to happen people! Italeri has released a 1:48 ACH-47 and there's a 1:48 British Chinook kit coming out later this year. Italeri followed a similar plan with the 1:72 offering and there's no reason to think they won't do the same thing again. And even if that doesn't happen, there will be aftermarket conversion kits to hit the market in the coming years.

On the other hand, there are zero 1:48 ramp-fuselage H-3s on the market

True, true, I 100% understand why you don't vote for them. My whole thing is, is that if we give them polls and it wins maybe the kits will be more accurate( Correct markings(OD Green + right tail numbers) fairly detailed interior, etc....) Granted we'll probably see conversions as you mentioned, but again somtimes it's just better to go with the original kit. Thats just my 2cents.

LB117

P.S. how will you decide the "winner" of each group division?

Was looking at the replies and was thinking of making another poll for 1/48 helo's with helicopters that did not make the list.

So how about you all out there who did not see a helo on the poll list let me know what helo's you'd like to see in a poll, please!

Hi,

Ok, for 1/48 Helo's how about;

:doh:

Gazelle AH.1 w/Royal Marines Decals

SA.316 Alouette III w/door gun mods(Rhodesia/S. Africa)

Scout AH.1

HAS.1 Wasp

CH-54 Skycrane

Kaman HH-43 Huskie

AH-1G

Puma HC.1/SA.330

MH-53E/MH-53J Pave Low III Series

HH-3E/F Jolly Green/Pelican

C/H/MV-22 Osprey(New Tool)

CH-37A/B Mojave

OH-6A

HH-52A Seaguard

Bell 206 Long Ranger

SA.321 Super Frelon

AH.2 Rooivalk

KA-27/29/32

Augusta A-109/MH-58 Stingray

MI-28 Havoc

MI-17 Hip H

Some from your list, and others already available but in dire need of NEW TOOLING. <_<

Just what the doctor ordered. :wave:

Cheers, Alan :cheers:

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117
:D

If this poll is really going to be worth anything, vote for airframes that have never been kitted, or desperately need re-tooling.

It's what you want to see manufactured, not a popularity contest. The 1/48 series of H-47 airframes is already in production!

Ok, then when is the D or E/G comin' out?

It's what you want to see manufactured, not a popularity contest. The 1/48 series of H-47 airframes is already in production!

Exactly

I've heard the CH-47D will be out later this year/early next. I would expect the MH-47 version to be released next year at the earliest. I'd like to get my hands on a 1:48 MH- kit and convert it to a USAF HH-47, but I can keep myself plenty busy between now and then with the kits I already have, my job, AIGA, and a social life. I can wait another year.

Edited by Trigger

Honestly, I think the biggest hole in US Helicopter kits is the complete lack of an OH-58D in 48th. With the release of Chinook kits this past year, other variants are assured, whether by conversion or a different variant of the same kit with additional sprues.

That being said, I'd like to see a lot more foreign attack helicopter kits. Rooivalk, Havoc, WZ-10, and Mangusta to say the least. We've already got kits of the KA-50 and 52 out there. They can wait a bit for a new tool.

Oh... and an AH-1G!

Jon

Regarding (Others - Specify) US and European helicopters.

I'm looking for some variety. Something different than the same old same old.

I know many of the civilian models I've listed below have military versions. It'll work for me!

U.S. 1/48

Sikorsky S-76A

Sikorsky S-76B

Sikorsky S-76C

Bell 430

Bell 412

Bell 407

Bell 206L Long Ranger

FH-1100

European 1/48

BK-117

BO-105CBS

EC-145

EC-135

EC 350 Astar

EC 355/355F Twin Star

365N2/HH-65 (Correct Dauphin better than Trumpter)

EC-120

EC-130

EC-155

Agusta A-109C

Agusta A-109K2

Agusta A-109E Power

Hope all is well with everyone.

:D

John

:doh:

If this poll is really going to be worth anything, vote for airframes that have never been kitted, or desperately need re-tooling.

I'm NOT basing this on popularity at all, I based it one my opinion and what I'd like too see, then base it on what is NOT in this scale, etc, etc.,...

Like you stated, more than a handful of these helo kits do need to be re-tooled, very much so. What does **** me off about manufacturers, is they DO NOT listen or care what we want in the scale helicopter commuinty and the helicopter modellers don't ever get what they want and there is so little available in 1/48 IMHO. We have so much of WWII, I'm tired of WWII models, how about manufacturers invest more inito aircraft of the modern era (Vietnam to present time) for example as well as Helicopters (from Korea, Veitnam right up to Iraq and beyond!)

Sorry I'm just venting. Not sure if its just me orthis makes any sense.

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117
I'm NOT basing this on popularity at all, I based it one my opinion and what I'd like too see, then base it on what is NOT in this scale, etc, etc.,...

Like you stated, more than a handful of these helo kits do need to be re-tooled, very much so. What does **** me off about manufacturers, is they DO NOT listen or care what we want in the scale helicopter commuinty and the helicopter modellers don't ever get what they want and there is so little available in 1/48 IMHO. We have so much of WWII, I'm tired of WWII models, how about manufacturers invest more inito aircraft of the modern era (Vietnam to present time) for example as well as Helicopters (from Korea, Veitnam right up to Iraq and beyond!)

Sorry I'm just venting. Not sure if its just me orthis makes any sense.

Your 100% right, when they do give us what we want it's not to often that they are that accurate. Ya somtimes they are but I can tell you the cargo helo's are poorly made interior wise. Granted I know their not going to put every detail in but come on! At least put the ammo boxes in their.

I think we need another category in this poll.

While I agree that manufacturers are a tad slow in recognizing what the consumers want, I don't think we've got enough WWII stuff. There is only ONE US WWII helicopter kit available in 48th scale and it is a BEAR of a kit! I'm on a one-man crusade to give WWII helicopters their rightful place in history. My next book will focus entirely on US Army helos in WWII. That being said, here we go:

"VINTAGE HELICOPTERS"

R-4B (better than the evil Special Hobby kit!)

R-6A

R-5D

H-5G (although there is a Fonderie Miniature kit)

H-19

H-23

CH-37

CH-25

My vote goes to the R-4B and R-6A, hands down. Both were extremely significant helicopters that have been overlooked by history. (although not for long if I have anything to say about it!)

Jon

Edited by Cobrahistorian