2007 Demo CF-18 is out.

Officially it isn't the Hornet as the name does not translate the same in English and French, but this rule has seemed to fall by the wayside in recent years as far as aircraft names go and in CF service it's never been known as anything else other than the Hornet. If the tail artwork is any indication then Hornet works in both languages when referring to the CF-18 as an object, perhaps in much the same way as "le Cheese Whiz".

Cheers,

Sean

In this case "Hornet" is a proper name, so in French it's acceptable to just use the English name...

ie: 410 Squadron CF-18 Hornets = Les Hornets de l'Escadrille 410

(just remember that the "s" at the end of french Plural words are silent.

That concludes todays French lesson.

Salut Good Buddy! :deadhorse1:

Well....its very nice. And knowing me I'll build it when someone comes out with the decals. But.....it will be a 1/72 scale build and not a 48th. I like alot of colour for my 1/48 kits.

In this case "Hornet" is a proper name, so in French it's acceptable to just use the English name...

ie: 410 Squadron CF-18 Hornets = Les Hornets de l'Escadrille 410

(just remember that the "s" at the end of french Plural words are silent.

That concludes todays French lesson.

Salut Good Buddy! :angry:

Wait a minute here... France french or québécois?

Non mais sérieusement,

Hornet is used anyway regardless of the language.

Charlie Cheetah, are you a fellow french canadian?

I love how it has the hornet on the tail. If I ever build a CF-18 I think this would be a nice build. You just don't see the cartoon hornets as much in the F/A-18 community as you saw tomcats in the F-14 community.

Wait a minute here... France french or québécois?

Non mais sérieusement,

Hornet is used anyway regardless of the language.

Charlie Cheetah, are you a fellow french canadian?

Oui JR, Je suis Canadien, et Acadien. Mon nom de famille c'est Arsenault.

Just for the record , when we started to ramp up 425 SQN with the CF-18 in Bagtown in 1984, we were told by the higher ups that the aircraft shall be referred in french as : "le Frelon" which is the french equivalent. Well we found this a bit silly since everybody was naming it the Hornet anyway. There was a big push in those days for providing equality in both languages in the work environment, which I agree with but up to a point. That point is highly mobile of course and is subject to the observer's background and education I think.

Anyway, after the presentations and media events were done and we were back to the park and starts routine, "Frelon" pretty well went away toward the sunset on his own.

This conclude today's history lesson.

Louis, William Tell 86 Alumni.

According to one poster on Fencecheck...the left vertical stab has a different paint job....hence the red....but no one has taken a photos of the left side yet.

Anyone know who the Demo pilot is at all?

The design on the left stab is the same with shade of red in place of the lighter blue shades.

:thumbsup:

Colin,

This year's demo pilot is Captain Yanick "Crank" Gregoire.

Cheers,

Sean

Good guy! He left 416 for 410 and I couldn't understand the move. Now I see why he made the move.