F-14A Tomcat / F-14D Tomcat - Gawa 1/48 + Aires

Great job Zigi! It's starting to really look like a dirty kitty!

To answer your question Kostucha, the salt weathering DOES cover the decals with paint, so you can either leave it on for a good weathered look, or remove it like Zigi and I have done because that is more accurate for the hi-vis show birds we're building. These insignias were painted on late in the aircraft's life as sort of a late swan song kind of thing, so they should look like new and unweathered- because they were.

Thanks Chuck for explanation :cheers:

Here is a picture of real Cat

VF2-CAG-030531-N-0000X-001.jpg

thanks for comments

Zigi

Zigi and Chuck, thank you for your replies, that definitely does answer the question! Again, I wasn't doubting you guys at all, just curious as to why? Not being a jet guy myself, I didn't have the information at hand - but that explanation, and the picture from Zigi definitely does answer it perfectly. Thank you.

And Zigi, from what the pictures show, you're BANG ON!!! Excellent work so far! *wow she's a dirty girl*

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Really fantastic work so far, Zigi! :banana:

:woot.gif:

Fantastic work. i was that impressed that i went out a purchased it for $90. I am building F-14 D 1/32 AS WE SPEEK in the same markings. when i sough the plane i thought is was the trumpeter 1/32. It would be great if you would let me know if you have anymore pitfalls whe assemblly. I will be working on my 1/48 tomcats next year. Two many on the table now.

Love your work.

michael

• 10 months later...