1/48 F-16D Block 52+ WIP

Hi all,

Here are a few shots of my build. Isracast conversion on a Hasegawa B kit. Also used are Aries wheel bay, cockpit and PW nozzle.

She'll be built as a 145 Sqn bird with full CAP load of 4x Python-4 (what-if), 2x AIM-120C AMRAAM, 2x 600 gal fuel tanks, 1x 370 gal fuel tank, SniperXR pod and LANTIRN nav pod.

She's been primed and pre-shaded. Pictures as follows.

F-16D_small1.jpg

F-16D_small2.jpg

F-16D_small3.jpg

Mark

did you find problems with the Isracast conversion as I used the original issue and had severe problems especially with the CFT's

Hi Stephen, unfortunately, yes, I did find severe problems with the CFTs. Blended them in with the fuselage by using 2-part epoxy putty.

Did you have to add anything to the Isracast conversion to make a Singapore -correct version? And also, what decals are you using?

Hey Anthony, well, I had to replace the kit's WAC HUD with a WAR HUD from the Aries cockpit set.

I had to leave out the large round antenna on the spine near the tail. Other than these 2, no other significant modifications were needed.

As for decals, they'll come from the Isradecal F-16I sheet which has markings for a 145 Sqn 'Hornets' bird. Number 672 to be exact.

Mark

Hi,

You may want to consider changing the loadout for the aircraft to include some LGBs (say GBU-12s on TERs for Stations 3 and 7), if you are particular about accuracy for loadouts, as the F-16D Block 52+ will unlikely be in CAP configuration with the CFTs and the 600 gal tanks. Just my 2 cents worth. :banana:

But then again, it'll look good with the air-to-air loadout that you intend to do!

Ben

No update pictures today but I managed to touch up some of the parts which where the camo covered the pre-shade. Next will be the attachment and painting of the Aries PW nozzle and the painting of the bare-metal parts.

Mark

PS: I just ordered a CMK Sufa set for my other D. <_<

• 3 months later...