Cylon Warrior from Battlestar Galactica (TOS)

Did Halcyon make a Cylon Centurion vinyl kit back in the 80s ?

I've never seen one. I thought the only stuff that Halcyon did was Aliens related?

I saw a white metal Centurion recently, I think it was 54mm scale, unfortunately I can't remember where I saw it or who made it.

Ken

I've never seen one. I thought the only stuff that Halcyon did was Aliens related?

I saw a white metal Centurion recently, I think it was 54mm scale, unfortunately I can't remember where I saw it or who made it.

Ken

Maybe Horizon then, I remember seeing a figure model of a Cylon at a model show in the late 80s and the letter 'H' seems to stick in my mind with it ... Or, maybe it was a garage kit I had seen ...

Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost
Maybe Horizon then, I remember seeing a figure model of a Cylon at a model show in the late 80s and the letter 'H' seems to stick in my mind with it ... Or, maybe it was a garage kit I had seen ...

It ma have been Halcyon, I only remember their Aliens kit line, I don't recall them doing anything else.

Horizon doesn't ring a bell either, I don't recall anyone else doing BSG kits in the 80's outside of the Mono plastic kits.

Ken

Yeah, Horizon did some great stuff, their sculpts were pretty high quality too.

How are the resin Stargate kits? I remember when they started doing the resin kits, they looked cool but were out of my price range at the time, then Horizon disappeared along with most of the vinyl kit companies.

Slightly OT, I managed to pick up the entire line of Geometric ST:TNG figure kits a while back, those are some of the finest sculpts I've seen in vinyl.

I thought of a place that might have made a Centurion kit, one of the British companies, maybe Comet Miniatures? There were several companies over there that did sci-fi subjects, mainly British stuff, but usually stuff the big companies wouldn't touch.

Ken

Neither Halcyon or Horizon have ever produced a Cylon kit. I have only ever seen 2 large scale resin model kits. One was a garage kit from the 90s which was awful. I have forgotten the maker. The other is this one;

http://www.amoktime.com/detail.asp?product...&subcat=140

There is a small 1/35th scale kit of the new Centurion, it pops up on Ebay once a week or so.

Cheers, Chris

Hello!

I'm the producer of the one on the MadDogresin site. That's my line of resin kits. The Cylon is currently being remolded, and will be available again very soon (in the $90-$100 range). It's 1/6 scale, very accurate to the original costume. Pressure cast in white resin.

There was no vinyl garage kit made by Horizon/Screamin/Halcyon. There was a resin kit in the early 90s, the Character Shop (now defunct) used to carry it. Not the best looking piece.

Charlie