A-7E Corsair II

LOL! Gee Spooky it seems that you have I have taken over Aigores build! I guess thats what happens when you DONT post anything...........LMAO!!!! :thumbsup:

Yepp, sure look's like it but You know what the worst part is ?

The guy hasn't posted anything for quite some days but still has a current hit-rate

of over 4000 !!!

:rofl:

Well, at least some guy's are enjoying this soap-WIP...

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Hockey is the food I eat and modelling is the air that I breath........both are essential for continuation of life!!

Lemme guess: whisky is the blood that run's through Your vanes...!!!

:) :bandhead2::bandhead2:

Not sure about You, but VERY essential for the continuation of my life !!!

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

It has been a couple of hectic weeks now, after finishing the Viggie I dove into the Mitsu F-1 speed build.

So far I´ve only opened the box...as I said I´m gonna savour this build and it looks like fun!

Does anybody have a clue on a pretty standard load out for the A-7 during Desert Storm by any chance?

That´s all for now....see ya´ll

Cheers!

looks good so far.

Some loads were

4 X Mk-83's. (off the parent racks) This seemed pretty common

2 or 4 x HARM's,

6 x Mk 20's (2 X 3 bombs on a TER)

8 X Mk 83's (2 X 3 bombs on a TER with 1 bomb on each other Rack

131 Walleyes were also used by the A-7's . Not sure how many per airframe though (1 or 2).

Also MK 84's and Mk 82 were carried

The A-7 Sqn's seemed to fly with only 4 racks instead of the usual 6 because of rack shortages Also after the first few days they only carried 1 AIM-9L/M

Drop tanks were sometimes used. Often with HARM shooters and CBU carriers

A good reference is Internation Air Power Review Volume 1.

I built a Gulf war A-7 a few years back it can be seen HERE

Hehe, I´m just building up some momentum....

Really this week is a female dog of a week...hopefully I´ll get some quality time with my SLUFF this weekend :angry:

I have actually not even been in my hobbyroom for almost 2 weeks :( last week I was sick as a dog and this week I´m just too busy....the excuses just keep rolling on :angry:

Cheers!

Edit/ of course I meant SLUFF!!!! nit pickers!!!!!

Edited by Aigore
Hehe, I´m just building up some momentum....

Really this week is a female dog of a week...hopefully I´ll get some quality time with my BUFF this weekend

I have actually not even been in my hobbyroom for almost 2 weeks. last week I was sick as a dog and this week I´m just too busy....the excuses just keep rolling on.

Cheers!

.....???

Hey wait a minute...

A-7 ==> AkA SLUFF, Short Little Ugly Fat Fellow

B-52 ==> AkA BUFF, Big Ugly Fat Fellow

.....???

Ohhh, now it all add's up !!!

A-7 + B-52 = AB-752 ==> THE "SLUFFBUFF"

;) ;) :P

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

(AkA the "SLUFFBUFFSLAYER")

So I managed to find some time to actually do something on the Corsair today.....or rather so I thought :)

I thought I had an entire weekend off for once but yesterday I spent in the model shop putting on decals. "Oh well" -I thought "I´ll have the whole of Sunday to enjoy my build"

BIG MISTAKE!!

I started oogling the pieces and set out to do something about the cockpit and the bang seat....I searched for ref online for the JSU-8A bang seat

here´s a good place to look for seats BTW...

Bang seats

Well so I started picking on the seat and then I shot some Aircraft grey in the tub...I noticed that the rear of the tub were black so I had to mask off that area.

It turned out OK

DSC01376.jpg

It´s really nice the way the black primer accentuates the details....

DSC01377.jpg

Anyways that was as far as I got before the called from my ordinary job and ordered me in!! :)

So nice of ppl to ruin my weekend :( Now my only day off next week is wednesday and after that it´s tuesday the week after .....Helluva month this

Cheers!

Love that cockpit. I think the next time I do something like this I will get the aftermarket cockpit, but since the canopy is going to be closed I figured no one looking would be able to view the great detail... I think mine looks pretty good, thank goodness for future, at least that will make the canopy nice and clear so you can see it. Ill get some pics on my thread soon!