Hi all,

I'm joining this build late, but looking at all the great models here has me inspired. I'll be contributing my old(ish) hasegawa Mi-24 in 1/72 as its the only chopper in my stash, and I promised myself not to buy any new models until I finish something :cheers:

Anyhow, before I begin, I'm curious about the main camo colors (standard Soviet decals for this build) would be in Tamiya and Polly Scale paints. and what shade I should use for the interior?

I hope it turns out as well as some of the other kits I've been seeing here.

MM makes a Russian Interior Blue green. I tried to use the Stockholm page but can't seem to find the color in what you want.

I will keep looking for the exterior but its similar to blue gray bottom and green/sand top.

Hi

I made some progress over the weekend.

The office is almost done. I painted it in Polly Scale Soviet Green, and gave it a dirty brown wash.

Seat cushions are in light gray as per the instructions. The console decals went on without a hitch. I still need to add the gunner's instrument panel and control stick thingy (can you tell that I know nothing about choppers?)

I began working on the figures. They still need to have their faces, hands and helmets painted. Hasegawa said to do them in bright blue - but I'm not so sure if this is correct. This same instruction sheet called out for a sea gray interior. This is why I'm asking questions about the exterior finish...Hasegawa's colors just seem wrong.

HindPit2.jpg

HindPit.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to leave out the figures since their poorly molded faces are proving impossible to paint properly. I have repainted the seat cushions reddish/orange as per a photo floating about the web. I have also applied some tape harnesses, which I need paint now.

I saw one photo on the web of the interior on an Mi 24, and immediately behind the forward seat is a green rod running transversely across, behind the pilot/gunner's head. Does anybody know what this is, and where it runs to? I'd like to model it as it looks rather prominent

Utter failure!

I was base coating the model and the paint came out light and powdery. While trying to strip the paint I snapped off two little antenae and one of the 37mm cannons. I tried and tried to glue the cannon back on, but it just would not stay straight. This got me worked up into a fury and I broke the model into little pieces.

It was quite cathartic, even if I did cut myself in the process.

My only regret is all the time I wasted masking the canopies...

Utter failure!

I was base coating the model and the paint came out light and powdery. While trying to strip the paint I snapped off two little antenae and one of the 37mm cannons. I tried and tried to glue the cannon back on, but it just would not stay straight. This got me worked up into a fury and I broke the model into little pieces.

It was quite cathartic, even if I did cut myself in the process.

My only regret is all the time I wasted masking the canopies...

class A mishap!!! :whistle:

semper fi

Dan