here's something i started quite awhile ago. nothing fancy OOB except for the Radom and misile rails are wolfpacks. Been awhile since i built a pointy thing,spending lots of time with helo's. any critiques welcome as i have more of these and am no Aeronavale expert. Patrick you must keep quiet!

thanks for lookin'

semper Fi

Dan

_DSC2813.jpg

_DSC2815.jpg

_DSC2816.jpg

_DSC2818.jpg

_DSC2822.jpg

hello!

nice to see a rafale!!

the weathering is very good! :cheers:

can you explain how do you proceed?(panelling??)

but I think that the radome too white...

and the refuel probe is too inclined. the probe must be more horizontal. :)

bye!

This is very interesting for me since I hav ethe very same kit to start one day or another.

Did you have any problem in assembling it?

I see you used a couple of Wolfpack part but not the chaff dispensers for the rear fuselage, can I ask why?

Can I buy your unused chaff launchers :thumbsup: ?

I also think the radome is a little too much light but I'msure it will not be a problem to correct it's shade.

Cheers

Paolo

hello!

nice to see a rafale!!

the weathering is very good! :worship:

can you explain how do you proceed?(panelling??)

but I think that the radome too white...

and the refuel probe is too inclined. the probe must be more horizontal. :)

bye!

Thanks rom, if you are asking about how i made the weathering on the panels, it's pretty straight forward. I preshaded the panels with Testors polly scale grimy black(Acrylic). then used a base of dark gull grey. after that dried i lightened Dark gull grey with some light tactical grey and sprayed random panels with this. and sprayed a light dusting over the wings to give the aircraft a weathered look. then adding grimy black to dark gull grey i repeated the process of panels and mottled weathering.

as for the refuel probe i think it's the angle of the picture. i checked it and it's horizontal. and the radome is helpful as the kit doesn't give me a color to paint it i had to go with the box art. can you tell me what color it should be?

thanks for the tips

This is very interesting for me since I hav ethe very same kit to start one day or another.

Did you have any problem in assembling it?

I see you used a couple of Wolfpack part but not the chaff dispensers for the rear fuselage, can I ask why?

Can I buy your unused chaff launchers :D ?

I also think the radome is a little too much light but I'msure it will not be a problem to correct it's shade.

Cheers

Paolo

the kit fits very well with little filler needed except around the front landing gear bay(very small filling) but that could be operator error. as for the chaff dispensors that was operator error. i simply forgot to cut before assembly. I do have another to build so i will use them on that though. Sorry

Awesome finish, Marine4ever. How did that kit go together? Hasagawa quality or less-than?

as i said before the fit is very nice. the cockpit IP is very sparse but the seat is OOB and looks nice with a little work and some seat belts.

thanks for the comments b guys. i'll have more to post later tonite

semper fi

Dan

Lovely work Dan, your Rafale is looking superb.

Awesome finish to the paint and decals.

That underside pic has a beautifully realistic sheen. Are you planning to retain that look after the next future coat and washes?

Never get tired of seeing Rafale.

Nice work!

I second that. Such a gorgeous, sexy jet! :)

:)

Thanks everyone. I have not seen any pictures of a glossy Rafale, so she gonna get flat coated(actually already has). i'm in the process of my two stage weather process,which includes first a wash of artists oils for the panels(done). then I'll seal it up with flat. and use pastel powders to further dirty it up a bit. I do have some touch ups to do first as a good friend has pointed out that the Aeronavale does not have a rafale in service with a modex of 45 so i must fix that or he'll never let me live it down :thumbsup: . Thanks Patrick! I should get the Ordnanace on pylons soon.

semper fi

Dan

Hi Dan,

Wowww a Rafale! great! The weathering is very beautiful! bravo!

To finish, you can make some corrections, if you want. The head of the seat is on this color (red/bron) and the seating is normally black.

img0323lo4.jpg

All markings are in low visibility. To do so, you can place a layer of gray paint very diluted and not too close.

img0235dt0.jpg

I can not wait to see on its landing gear!

Stéph'

Hi Steph,

On the seat picture you posted ... is that redbrown area on the seat headrest the actual headrest or is it some kind of cover in place when not flying (but removed before flight)?

Dan,

Really nice work!

thanks,

Gary F