how do i make a flat coat flat????????

I've never used MM A flat, Josh, so I can't comment on what might be wrong, whether it's a cruddy product or a bad bottle but the best flat finishes I've ever seen come from either Gunze-Sangyo flat or slightly better, Polly S (or is it Scale - they switched but I can't remember the to or the from) flat. Try those and you won't look back.

LG Johnson

:crying:

ive airbrushed 4 coats for model master acryl flat coat and the damn thing wont go dead flat

Are you sure it is shaken up sufficiently? All the flattening stuff tends to settle to the bottom...

Josh-

I don't have much experience with the Acryl stuff, but I do know that as far as Dullcote goes, you have to stir the living hell out of it. I have a small drill press with a homemade paint stirrer that I use to stir all my paints, and I do know that Dullcote must be thoroughly mixed to get good results (thinning it with lacquer thinner really helps as well).

You could try going back over it with Dullcote after the Acryl has thoroughly cured - it will probably make the finish a lot flatter.

Hey Josh,

yah ,what Steve said. I use only enamel paints myself as well as MM gloss coat ,dull coat.The MM dull coat works very well indeed. I also discovered Humbrol Matt cote & Humbrol satin cote ,this stuff works really nice also,in fact I prefer the Humbrol over MM when it comes to over-coating,nice and smooth and the finish is clear not yellow/amber.In any case I mix all the above mentioned 50/50 with lacquer thinner.

HTH

Paul T :crying:

Use it almost 60-40 or 70-30 from the Dull Coat thinned... you want it thinned enough to not be like gooish, but also you want it as most concentrated as possible... at least that's what I do... works for me!!!

Take Care!!!

Big Josh,

Four words: Polly Scale Clear Flat. Best acrylic flat there is, never fails to give you a dead flat in 1 or 2 coats. I've put it over Future and it is still just as effective.

:cheers:

Old Blind Dog

I will second that recommendation :thumbsup:

:cheers:

MikeJ