A Sunday trip down the Mekong...

Why do you guys come up with such interesting projects, that make me go "I wanna build one, too!"?

Very promising; I'll be following this one with interest.

• 2 weeks later...

...bits and peices: interior of helicopter, engine in mock up position (not sure if door will be open or closed on final version), helicopter crew base coat painted ready for "Verlingen" technique on faces and washes on clothes, ATC-H seats finished and painted, ready for washes and weathering, Uncle HO and his boat preped for washes and weathering to give scale to ATC-H in water.....

ATC-H018.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Excuse me...I'm the one who has a long way to go to even get to your skill level and detailing ability....

but thank you for the compliment !!!!!

George

George,

You are further in the build than I had expected. I really like that boat. Its looking nice. Sorry I missed it at the meeting.

Oliver

Your project is looking Great, I can not wait to see more. I hope you have much better luck on fitting that interior into the fuselage than I did. The left side rear wall was pushed forward by the fuel tank. I also had problems with the transmission being too far forward and giving me problems with the control tubes and cowlings. Academy did a poor fit in my opinion, but I loved everything else about the kit.

Charlie

George,

Your project is looking great. You might want to remove the 40mm ammo drum though. Besides the fact that I don't think the Navy ever used it, that drum was very rarely, if ever, even used by the Army. Most units had in-country manufactured large rectangular ammo boxes. She looks great regardless, just thought you might like to know.

Ray

George,

Your project is looking great. You might want to remove the 40mm ammo drum though. Besides the fact that I don't think the Navy ever used it, that drum was very rarely, if ever, even used by the Army. Most units had in-country manufactured large rectangular ammo boxes. She looks great regardless, just thought you might like to know.

Ray

Public Critiquing of Models at ARC

If you notice an inaccuracy on one of the models displayed on ARC and you have some carefully worded constructive criticism to offer, then please contact the modeler in question privately by e-mail. The majority of modelers don't appreciate having inaccuracies in their models addressed in a public forum. Unsolicited critiques will be removed by the moderators.

If you notice an inaccuracy on one of the models displayed on ARC and you have some carefully worded constructive criticism to offer, then please contact the modeler in question privately by e-mail. The majority of modelers don't appreciate having inaccuracies in their models addressed in a public forum. Unsolicited critiques will be removed by the moderators.

I suggest you actually re-read what was said. It was a suggestion not a criticism.

Edited by madmike

If I in any way offended George, I apologize. I am always in awe of the skills I see here. Just trying to help out.

Ray

If I in any way offended George, I apologize. I am always in awe of the skills I see here. Just trying to help out.

Ray

I think your comments were helpful and politely worded......the ARC Forums are all about exchanging information and helping each other in a friendly way.

not offended at all by anything at this point, the "Sunday Trip Down the Mekong" will be a large test of my skills as a model builder, artist (diorama setting) and current rotorhead. It is the largest project I have ever attempted and so far I've stayed on point with it.

- 1/35th scale helicopter ( may not be the one used in the final dio)

- 1/35th scale ATC-H ( a resin Masterpeice (no pun intended) that is a complex build as you get into the armor and helicopter pad

- a full blown diorama setting ( there are three of us who borught TANGO's - Jim Weschler at Track Link who inspired me to finally go out and buy one, following his blog on building it, and my friend John Cina who is following me up the river and wnet out and brought one as well.

- and possibly our mutual friend and modeler extrodinare Oliver (Snake 64) who may be building the the final helo for the dio, but whose work inspires me to make my work a little more adventursome...

- and then the ARC crew who will have more of an appreciation for this peice when it is finished as it all revolves aorund the 'bird' !

-and Joeseph Osborne at Fireball Decals, for even though you can't see his contribution yet, it is in the mail to my LZ as we speak.

...and so the trip up the Mekong continues.......

Edited by George Creed

George,

Glad you weren't offended. Sounds like you have quite a plan. Can't go wrong getting Oliver to detail your HAL-3 bird and, of course, Joseph's decals have everything you'd ever need to do a HAL bird. Any idea what squadron you will be building and what time frame? I am a big fan of the Seawolves as my father's bird, Gladiator 36, ended up with them in 1970. I'll be following this one with interest.

Ray

Hi everyone.

Did I miss something or the tone of some of our fellow helo modeler has a tone of arogance. I only hope I am mistaken in that matter. There is no reason for that kind of dialogue...ever. if anyone has harsh words please do us a fewer a cool yourselve before writing anything unpleasant.

Oliver