Hi,

Does anyone have any photos or links to where I can find some of the RF-101B.

I have found a few of ones turned into gate guardians but really looking for some operational pics.

Thanks

Julien

Edited by Julien (UK)

What is it you're looking for? If you Google "RF-101" (no suffix) and choose "images" you'll get gobs of them. Otherwise I can only suggest getting the older Squadron title "Voodoo" and some of the SSP books on USAFE units. There are loads of good photos in them. The RF-101 served in a fairly small number of units, so your choice of markings isn't huge.

J

RF-101B only served with one Unit if I recall right from 1972 to 75? With the Nevada A.N.G 192nd TRS, I Believe there was only 23 of them.

I had a picture of one used at RAF Alconbury but was not operational, had no engines, can not find the picture.

Hi, Julien.

Like Wayne said, they only served with the Nevada ANG.

I can only remember one picture of them: a group shot on the flightline at their home base, not a very sharp picture, the photographer facing the sun...

I think pictures of them are pretty rare.

Cheers, Stefan.

What is it you're looking for? If you Google "RF-101" (no suffix) and choose "images" you'll get gobs of them. Otherwise I can only suggest getting the older Squadron title "Voodoo" and some of the SSP books on USAFE units. There are loads of good photos in them. The RF-101 served in a fairly small number of units, so your choice of markings isn't huge.

J

Jennings,

If you google RF-101 you get mainly C models which was much more numerous.

The RF-101B was quite rare, they only converted 23 (22 being ex CAF F-101B's). USAF did this as they percieved a shortfall in Tactical Recon assets. They only served 1971 to1975 with the Reno 192 TRS. One of the few pics is one as the Gate Guard at Reno, but never 100% sure with gate guard schemes.

If no photos does any one know where to get the TO for the paint?

Cheers,

Julien

Here's two that might help. One is the "Gate Guard" at Reno, and I'm not sure where the other is, but it is a Nevada ANG jet.

GEH737, just noting that your 'Gate Guard' at Reno photo does look remarkably like the one that I posted on the Airliners.Net website here:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/523245/L/

Personally I am really happy when modellers use my photos for reference purposes however I do have a *real problem* when my name as the copyright photographer is not displayed, namely that when I meet those modellers and they don't know my name they consequently don't buy me a beer as a thank you. And no beer is a real problem!

:)

Michael Baldock aka 'Ghostbase'

Hi Michael -

I'm not sure where I got the photo - I've got thousands on the hard drive collected over the years - many sent to me by friends. I used to be in the Nevada ANG, and when the post asked for photos, I looked to see what I had for the RF-10B (which isn't much).

No offense was intended.

Hitch

Hi Michael -

I'm not sure where I got the photo - I've got thousands on the hard drive collected over the years - many sent to me by friends. I used to be in the Nevada ANG, and when the post asked for photos, I looked to see what I had for the RF-10B (which isn't much).

No offense was intended.

Hitch

You can Edit your post and take the picture down.

So I do not make the same booboo (At least with photos showing person's name) I do not crop the photos, so I know were they came from. This also helps with future reference for the possibility of emailing the person with a question about the craft that might arise B)

Edited by Wayne S
Hi Michael -

No offense was intended.

Hitch

Hi Hitch,

Absolutely no offense was taken, that was why I tried to take a more light-hearted approach to the matter. I am happy for the photo to remain on the forum. And I really do wish there were more photos around of these very rare Voodoos as I have the 1/48th Monogram kit in my 'stash' and I would not part with it for love nor money!

Michael

Hi Hitch,

Absolutely no offense was taken, that was why I tried to take a more light-hearted approach to the matter. I am happy for the photo to remain on the forum. And I really do wish there were more photos around of these very rare Voodoos as I have the 1/48th Monogram kit in my 'stash' and I would not part with it for love nor money!

Michael

Michael,

I'll give you, lets see...hmmm whats the "bail out" figure up to now??? Seriously though, I scored a couple here on ARC and I've just started the re-scribe of all the panel lines...should have it complete befor the years end. The are out there and so are photos rear finds but they are out there.

Michael,

I'll give you, lets see...hmmm whats the "bail out" figure up to now??? Seriously though, I scored a couple here on ARC and I've just started the re-scribe of all the panel lines...should have it complete befor the years end. The are out there and so are photos rear finds but they are out there.

is anyone doing anything for a replacement for the vents above the engines? one being square and one round on the real deal and the kit having two round ones?