1/48 Hasegawa F-15C Eagle

Very nice Eagle! It doesn't even look like the Hasegawa kit.

How did you create the variation in the metallic finish on the rear fuselage - specifically where the fuselage joins the nozzles?

Nevermind. I reread the thread. I think I am going to try that technique.

Edited by Blain

I too am working on one of these although not quite to this standard - especially those nozzles! Mine refuse form a perfect "O" at the rear. To mark the camo pattern, I used blue tac "sausages" layed to conform to the basic pattern with liquid mask literally poured into the void. Probably easier than re-sizing & cutting up the kit paint plan.

That looks very NICE!!! :)

But just to get your attention on the LAU launchers.. To carry AMRAAM missiles, the F-15 needs the newer LAU-128 launcher to support the heavier AMRAAM. But nonetheless, well done on the model and keep up the good work! :D

I don't think that slight error should bother you too much but just to let you know ya if you wanna make your F-15 look more realistic.

:P

Qian

For the base coat FS36270 Neutral Grey and camo FS36176 Dark Grey. Alot of the recommendations were for Aggressor Grey for the base coat, but it looked to dark for me. Reference photos almost looked Light Ghost Grey in black and white, very light. But with the Mod Scheme a guy on the inside of a rattle can said it was the two listed.

Randy

is there any equivalent for FS36176 for gunze paint? FS36270 is H306.

is there any equivalent for FS36176 for gunze paint? FS36270 is H306.

I check a couple of different sources and couldn't find a match for you. But if you have a Hobby Lobby in your area they regularly have this color in stock with Model Master Acrylics.

Randy

This is one of my favorite parts, the wash. It's the time that alot of things pop and give the build depth in realism (I think). One of the pics is of the Top Secret German Mistel that never was. This one is real close to being done.

Randy

eBayF-15C053.jpg

eBayF-15C055.jpg

eBayF-15C056.jpg

eBayF-15C057.jpg

Put some graphite lube stains on the ailerons and flaps today. Put a drop of wash on the joint between the flight surface and wing and drag it back with a broad brush. After it dries I put a Post-It-Note to mask off the rest of the wing and used highly thinned black in the airbrush. I went over the streaks and made some new ones with the black. Tones down and adds depth to the streaks and subtily adds new ones.

Randy

eBayF-15C059.jpg

eBayF-15C060.jpg

I've done some light weathering in the areas were aircrews regularly contact the aircraft for pre-flight, maint, or they just can't keep their hands off it (crew chiefs and such like to pet "their" planes). The upper surface across the fuselage is done with diluted black on about 20 psi. Behind the main wheel wells it is layers of black and flat earth, highly diluted, and high pressure so the center of the blast moves to the otuside with each pass.

Randy

eBayF-15C063.jpg

eBayF-15C063.jpg

eBayF-15C065.jpg

eBayF-15C.jpg

I've done some light weathering in the areas were aircrews regularly contact the aircraft for pre-flight, maint, or they just can't keep their hands off it (crew chiefs and such like to pet "their" planes). The upper surface across the fuselage is done with diluted black on about 20 psi. Behind the main wheel wells it is layers of black and flat earth, highly diluted, and high pressure so the center of the blast moves to the otuside with each pass.

Randy

eBayF-15C063.jpg

eBayF-15C065.jpg

eBayF-15C.jpg

Randy

eBayF-15C063.jpg

eBayF-15C065.jpg

eBayF-15C.jpg

eBayF-15C064.jpg

• 2 weeks later...