Hi Klaus.

Well. thats kind of up tp you. If you want to write at the end or everytime someone post some photos of the latest work. As far as I am concerned this forum is about sharing, showing, giving and receiving feedback from other modelers. The mike on the helmets were switched beause I wanted one to show for each side. Yep creative licensing it is.

Oliver

Ok, ok! I forgot to put the smiley in the post. I didn't mean to sound like "I'm the god of accuracy, you are forgiven".

See it my way: being a nit picker I have to find something wrong in your build! :woot.gif: (didn't forget the smiley this time)

Ok, ok! I forgot to put the smiley in the post. I didn't mean to sound like "I'm the god of accuracy, you are forgiven".

See it my way: being a nit picker I have to find something wrong in your build! :woot.gif: (didn't forget the smiley this time)

Hi Klaus.

Attention to details. You are correct anyway. I do appreciate the comments anyway. Thats what I like about this site so much...just a bunch of guys with the love of modeling.

Oliver

BTW

Isnt super early for you right now??? You must ready to go to work as for me I just finished watching "behind enemy lines" and I am going to bed.

Edited by shark 64
BTW

Isnt super early for you right now??? You must ready to go to work as for me I just finished watching "behind enemy lines" and I am going to bed.

It was 08:00 am when I posted and I already was at work (don't tell my boss!). :crying2:

Heres the latest. I will be gone for work for 2 days so heres a little update. Rained all day here in Los Angeles .....perfect day for modeling.

Main rotor.

I am looking for a photo of the main rotor from the top. I will tiedown one of the blade around the tail boom and I am looking for a photo to show how the linkage, rods and ect, are operating..

I also added one of the protective covers on the mast out of alu wire. The last photo is what I am working with ...doesnt show what I am looking for.

Oliver

medevachuey1330.jpg

medevachuey1332.jpg

medevachuey1334.jpg

medevachuey1336.jpg

medevachuey1337.jpg

medevachuey1339.jpg

medevachuey1342.jpg

medevachuey1344.jpg

Sherlok Holmes used to say: "When you rule out the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

In your case it must be as I stated in an earlier post: you take pictures of the real thing and work them with PhotoShop.

Amazing work, as per usual!

Hi Klaus.

Well. thats kind of up tp you. If you want to write at the end or everytime someone post some photos of the latest work. As far as I am concerned this forum is about sharing, showing, giving and receiving feedback from other modelers. The mike on the helmets were switched beause I wanted one to show for each side. Yep creative licensing it is.

Oliver

Really really great work. As far as the helmet mike goes, you can actually have it installed on either side. I have two Gentex helmets that I ordered to keep me safe when I fly. When I placed the order I was asked which side I would like the mike on. So both your helmets are accurate.

Have a great day!

Dave

http://www.gibson-barnes.com/index.php?id=18&cat_id=29

Amazing job my friend. Your skills are superb. :monkeydance: I am learning a lot in this thread. :cheers: I'm going to save everything for future reference. Also, I appreciate your time you are putting into photographing every little detail that you work on. I sure it takes time away from the actually modeling. Anyway, a BIG THANK YOU for all your contribution to this modeling community. :wacko:

Mike

Amazing job my friend. Your skills are superb. :) I am learning a lot in this thread. :) I'm going to save everything for future reference. Also, I appreciate your time you are putting into photographing every little detail that you work on. I sure it takes time away from the actually modeling. Anyway, a BIG THANK YOU for all your contribution to this modeling community. :)

Mike

Hi Mike.

Thanks so much. I like sharing tips and I enjoy learning from other people as well. I believe that pictures speak louder than words. Glad you can use some of the ideas from the Huey.

Oliver

Nice work as per usual Oliver. How did you do the coiling and get it so uniform?

Regards

Andrew :thumbsup:

Hi Andrew,

Sorry a little late geting back to you. I drilled a small hole at the bottom of the plate inserted and glued the wire then glued to the small mast only on the first turn. There is a lot of coil memory. I glued the top as well.

Oliver

Here is another photo that I don't know where it came from., but probably from Ray. LOL

Floyd

UH-1704_1280x854.jpg

Floyd.

Thanks so much for that photo. I would have done it wrong. I am looking forward to building the rotor for some reason-definetely more fun than the skids.....

Oliver

Hi Guys,

More work on the rotor. I had to do some surgery on the kit part in order to bring the rotor to match the research photos I got(or close to it for my taste). Since I believe that photos spekl louder than words ...here are the photos. I am done for the day...going motorcycle riding...Its a beautiful day in Southern California today...(yes I know I am rubbing it in) .

Thanks to Floyd and Ray for the help on bringing the rotor to accuracy.

Oliver

medevachuey1345.jpg

medevachuey1346.jpg

medevachuey1347.jpg

medevachuey1348.jpg

medevachuey1349.jpg

medevachuey1352.jpg

medevachuey1353.jpg

medevachuey1354.jpg

Hi Guys,

More work on the rotor. I had to do some surgery on the kit part in order to bring the rotor to match the research photos I got(or close to it for my taste). Since I believe that photos spekl louder than words ...here are the photos. I am done for the day...going motorcycle riding...Its a beautiful day in Southern California today...(yes I know I am rubbing it in) .

Thanks to Floyd and Ray for the help on bringing the rotor to accuracy.

Oliver

medevachuey1345.jpg

medevachuey1346.jpg

medevachuey1347.jpg

medevachuey1348.jpg

medevachuey1349.jpg

medevachuey1352.jpg

medevachuey1353.jpg

medevachuey1354.jpg

Hi Oliver! Vast surgery commenced!

Well, well... You're just like me - stubborn and very meticulous Capricorn! :cheers:

Great progress! I love your keen attention to the details.

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander.

:jaw-dropping:

I am beginning to hate you for making it look so good.... I think I will give up model building and take up underwater basket weaving. Outstanding work as always, it looks like you are useing brass sheet for the transmission is that stuff easy to use? I just bought some and was trying to make an open panel edge (that area that rivets go into) with it but it seem to crumble too easily, I think I need thicker brass.

Again awesome work, what are you going to do next when you finish?