Beautiful work Oliver!

I was looking back though your progress, and I am curious as to what you used to achieve the glass effect over the instrument dials?

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom. Thanks for the comments.

I used ENVIROTEX clear resin. I applied it with a toothpick. It dries super hard and always kas that glossy look. I will be using it for the windows on the Huey instead of future.

Oliver

Edited by shark 64

"ENVIROTEX clear resin for the windows on the Huey instead of future."

Oliver,

Man, are you sure you want to do that. If you get any dust, dirt or junk, you will have it there for life. If you mess up the Future, you can remove it in 30 seconds.

I just don't want you to goof it up this late in the game.

Tim

"ENVIROTEX clear resin for the windows on the Huey instead of future."

Oliver,

Man, are you sure you want to do that. If you get any dust, dirt or junk, you will have it there for life. If you mess up the Future, you can remove it in 30 seconds.

I just don't want you to goof it up this late in the game.

Tim

Hi Tim.

I tried Envirotex already on the overhead windows on a scrap Huey. I have build a closed case to put the Huey in once I apply the Envirotex. If I dont try new stuff i dont move forward . I am well aware of the potential disaster.....part of the learning curve I guess.

Oliver

medevachuey900.jpg

medevachuey912.jpg

medevachuey909.jpg

medevachuey903.jpg

Hi Tim.

I tried Envirotex already on the overhead windows on a scrap Huey. I have build a closed case to put the Huey in once I apply the Envirotex. If I dont try new stuff i dont move forward . I am well aware of the potential disaster.....part of the learning curve I guess.

Oliver

medevachuey900.jpg

medevachuey903.jpg

Hi Oliver! Nice "greenhouse" windows finish...but, have you ever considered using of the Sprite bottle fragment? I did on my 1/48 scale Hueys and it worked nicely.;)

Cheers!

Alexander.

:)

Hi Oliver, wow, amazing, five stars oh my god, what have you used to paint the roof plexis? clear green? what huey are you building? a U.S. Army helo? seeing you have added to the instrument panesl some LCD displays, seems you are building a modern huey, looks amazing. We want to see it finished.

Hey Alexander, can you post some pics of your huey showing how it looks with the sprite

bottle fragment?

Greetings.

Rod.

Hi Oliver, wow, amazing, five stars oh my god, what have you used to paint the roof plexis? clear green? what huey are you building? a U.S. Army helo? seeing you have added to the instrument panesl some LCD displays, seems you are building a modern huey, looks amazing. We want to see it finished.

Hey Alexander, can you post some pics of your huey showing how it looks with the sprite

bottle fragment?

Greetings.

Rod.

Hi Rod.

Building a ficticious Marine Huey. I want to see it finished too. I used Envirotex clear resin with a little tamiya green mixed in.

OLiver

Hi RoadRunner.

Thanks for the comments.....Heres the new update.

After redoing the doors and the rivets since the rivets were damaged while I was removing masking tape.. I sprayed an extra coat of future on the rivets so they would not come off again..It worked. I had painted a yellow stripe around the door frames but it just didnt look good to me so I removed it(there goes accuracy on that one).

It was time to do a wash on the doors and heres my process.

I sprayed future on the area where I was going to put the decals then applied them. if you look carefuly you can see some silvering on the decals by the frame. It was either old decals (which it is) or not enough future on the door for application. at this stage I cant correct that silvering.

Next was a mix of rawm umber and turpenoid. It was applied with a small brush and let dried for about 20 minutes.

The q-tip cleaning came next. Once that was done I let it dry a bit then went back with a clean brush and cleaned out some more umber wash. I used the brush in a up and down cleaning motion to simulate some streaks on the doors.

Next step will be the dry-brushing.( ill post when when its all done.

Here are the photos

Oliver

medevachuey1280.jpg

medevachuey1279.jpg

medevachuey1278.jpg

medevachuey1282.jpg

medevachuey1279.jpg

medevachuey1281.jpg

Edited by shark 64
Great job, Oliver! BTW, what decals did you use?

Cheers!

Alexander.

:taunt:

Hi Alex.

I used some decals from an old A-10 kit I had. I remember telling myself "dont use those they might be too old". I should have known. I might drape some straps hanging over the door and hide some of the silvering....there is always a solution.

Oliver

It starts to look better than a real one. With my rusty English I can't find the right words to express how impressed I am by your work. Especially your painting and weathering-skills are just magnificent!

It starts to look better than a real one. With my rusty English I can't find the right words to express how impressed I am by your work. Especially your painting and weathering-skills are just magnificent!

Hi

Thanks so much. glad you like it.

Oliver