Hi All!

Its been awhile since I finished a model, but here we go. I started this kit a last February, and finally finished it this weekend. There are a few things I want to fix, including the lack of a clear light on the spine. Can anyone confirm that Trumpeter did not include this part? I can't find it and it's not mention in the instructions. I also need to tack a little but of glue on the right front of the canopy, you can see its popping out Anyway, Kit is OOB, with excellent Victory Productions Decals. This was the also the first time I used an oil wash, and I really like the way the weathering turned out, but let me know if you think it is overdone.

Also, opinions on the loadout? is it too much? I've seen pictures with 4 zuni rockets, and also MER's but not necessarily both. I haven't glued the MER's on, so my other option is a pair of M117's.

Feedback/Criticism welcome. Compliments too :woo:

IMG_5974.jpg

IMG_5965.jpg

IMG_5956.jpg

IMG_5955.jpg

IMG_5958.jpg

IMG_5959.jpg

IMG_5961.jpg

Matt,

Very nice Checkerboards Gator there! Nothing wrong with that loadout either. Quite normal to see a Marines F-8E maxed out with all possible ZUNIs and four MK.82s ( standard, with or without fuse extenders or snakeyes) in what was known as a slant four configuration on the MER. A rocket pod or a Mk.84 on each wing pylon was used also. Good to see that you have done a Crusader from one of the more colorful and lesser known Marine squadrons that served in Vietnam.

Tom

I love it!

How did you do the yellow around the canopy/windscreen? That looks great.

What's that noise....? F-8C.....F-8C.....I think it's calling you, Matt....

I know it is me. Thanks for the inspiration!

jp

Thanks for the comments, and thanks to johncrow who offered up a pair of zuni rockets to finish my build! The yellow on the canopy was done using thin cut yellow decals. I cut corners to shape, and after much trial and error I completed it.

Here are a few more pictures, I tried to mess with the lighting, photography is not my strong point.

IMG_5983-1.jpg

IMG_5979-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

v

Wrong Marine Sqdn. should be 232 :whistle:

Very nice build though, if it were mine I would go with the MER's and maybe 1 AIM-9.

Don

very nice model!

And Dong, actually he got it right.

VMFA-232 are the Red Devils. VMF(AW)-312 are the "Checkerboards".

jeff

Edited by jbrundt