Hobby Lobby Clearance Haul

Made a quick stop on the way to pick up the kids tonight at their moms and they had to many good deals to pass up.

Revell 1/72 Gato Submarine $19.99

Trumpeter 1/350 U.S.S. Lexington $31.99

Academy 1/48 MH-53E Sea Dragon $19.99 (got 2 of these)

Tamiya 1/48 Heinkel He219A UHU $10.99

AM 1/48 Avenger $7.99 (got 2 of these)

AM 1/72 Predator $3.79

Italeri 1/72 YB-49 $14.99

:cheers:

Mike

Made a quick stop on the way to pick up the kids tonight at their moms and they had to many good deals to pass up.

Revell 1/72 Gato Submarine $19.99

Trumpeter 1/350 U.S.S. Lexington $31.99

Academy 1/48 MH-53E Sea Dragon $19.99 (got 2 of these)

Tamiya 1/48 Heinkel He219A UHU $10.99

AM 1/48 Avenger $7.99 (got 2 of these)

AM 1/72 Predator $3.79

Italeri 1/72 YB-49 $14.99

Mike

I scored the Trupy Lexington too, for that price. The others on the table were mostly cars. Maybe the others you nabbed were already taken in my area.

Mike

Hey guys....do they happen to have the Academy 32nd F-16 anymore?

No they did not have it in the HL i was in, it's been a while since i've been in this store and the model selection was pretty bad. I was hoping to pick up a P-47D or M but had none.

Looks like H.L. is downsizing their plastic model selection. Last time I

was there they were redoing that whole area and bunches oof kits had

moved to the clearance section.

Yep. It looks like they're consolidating their two aisles (kits in one and trains/rockets/science in the other) into just one aisle. That's too bad, although I guess when I think of it, besides the clearance stuff, I only use HL for paint, supplies/tools, and model rocket engines.

B)

Mike

I just ran down to the HL and they had the YB-49...but it was only 50% off...still would've cost $44 or so...if you really paid $19, then WOW!! did you get a great deal...may have been a huge mismark... ;)

Not a mismark just on clearance.

Might go back and see whats left this week.

Mike

Don't feel bad - I checked the local shop on Saturday and they had the usual 30% discount, and no kits in Clearance.

Perhaps a regional thing?? I'll be checking back though, wouldn't want to miss out on such a chance!

I took my wife to the local one here in SE Michigan and they were marked down, but nothing like those prices. The MH-53 was around $60 and the Trumpy Lexington as about $95. The Revell Gato was $59. I'll have to keep eyes open it seems!

Clarksville IN had a Trumpy 350th Lexington for $55 Saturday, all other kits were on normal 30%-, selection = same as always (blah). I asked the store manager (or the one on duty) if they were phasing out models and she said they were going to be just cars eventually (and rockets). So, car modelers rejoice - the rest of the modelling world still looks upon you as lepers though! :monkeydance:

Edited by metroman