• 2 weeks later...

Oh man. Building this OOB is pretty quick. Need to sand down the seams, but I don't know if this will need a lot of putty. Definitely looking forward to building the other one. The cannon, rotors, exhaust, and stub wings are all blue tacked in. I could be done with construction as early as tomorrow. I leave for school on Wednesday, so getting paint down by then would be the best case scenario.

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Take care,

Austin

That looks pretty good Austin.

Some unsolicited advice on painting this bad boy. Hit it with some almost black green, and then mist on a series of sand coats. You'll get some very cool shading effects that way.

• 4 months later...

Wooo...Bout time for an update.

So here's the scoop. It's ready for decals. Still working on the ordinance, but I put all of the modeling stuff up for the semester, and now that I've been on winter break, I've had plenty of time to work on this along with a few other projects...

006.jpg

007.jpg

Take care,

Austin

DS GUY 1&2! and RKic, thanks guys!

B, I'm no where near the best at doing 1/72 choppers, but thanks for your comment.

RKic, it's an ALQ-144 like B said, but I don't paint mine. I use Echelon's Pink Vision Blocks intended for a 1/35th M113 and then I chop em up smaller and use them.

020.jpg

019.jpg

018.jpg

Should be done by the weekend. I need to weather the rotors and do a little work on the TOW tubes.

Take care,

Austin