Revell Learjet 35

After 11 years I’m back! It still has a couple of touch-ups but I knocked this one out pretty fast because of how excited I was. Partly due to feeling like a kid again, but mostly due to the fact that I actually fly this jet. The Kit is the Revell Learjet 35; a fantastic production. Everything fit perfectly with no problems at all. However, I had to do a lot of custom stuff to make it accurate.

All of our Lears are “canned-out†meaning there is no interior so as to accommodate the cargo. I then added a more realistic jumpseat and a fire extinguisher. I cut out the hell hole and scratch built batteries and the hell whole door with the drag chute housing. The flaps were cut and dropped as were the elevators. I added all the fuel vents along the underbelly along with all the scratch built antennae. The lights were all made out of clear sprue and painted as needed. I also added the fuel jettison tubes on the backside of the tip tanks and made correct pitot tubes from sewing needles and styrene.

The biggest task was the paint job. I had never worked with a kit painted white and it was a PAIN. A word to the wise, any and every time you pick up a white model….. wear gloves! All the decals were custom made and I’m still waiting on getting the registration number done. Hope you enjoy and I’ll try to post an article when the final touches are done. Here's a walkaround I did: http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/mi...Around/?start=0

DSCF1041.jpg

DSCF1043.jpg

DSCF1047.jpg

DSCF1049.jpg

DSCF1051.jpg

DSCF1055.jpg

DSCF1057.jpg

DSCF1058.jpg

DSCF1059.jpg

DSCF1062.jpg

Edited by Micro

It looks really good, and I do like the subject. The small details like the pitot tubes and navigation lights are wonderful. By the way, the kit is made by Hasegawa. Revell just re-released it :)

Love it a lot! I have the same kit in my stash waiting to be built as an ex-Slovenian Goverment plane

I have the Hasegawa boxing of this kit and I also considered doing the Slovenian government plane. The only problem is the original has a few more windows than the model has :woot.gif:

greets,

Jelle

Thanks for the compliments guys. I didn't know this was originally a Hasegawa kit. I was hoping to do another one but I cant find one anywhere. If anyone want to sell theirs let me know.

PS: No one who has flown a Lear for very long uses pitot covers. Eventually you will find out that having the pitot tubes protected does not out-weigh melting the covers to them when you forget to take them off and test the pitot heat on the pre-flight!!! <_<

Edited by Micro
I have the Hasegawa boxing of this kit and I also considered doing the Slovenian government plane. The only problem is the original has a few more windows than the model has :lol:

yeah I noticed that... looks like there's one more over the wing on each side... But that's doable...