Revell 1:48 B-17G

I just finished this B-17. It was built OOB except for the decals. I used Aeromaster decals to model Just Plain Lonesome from the 324th BS at Bassingbourne. Sorry about the crappy picture, my area to take pictures was not big enough for this kit. Other than a 1:1 scale Predator head, this is the biggest kit that I have worked on. I have to give props to the people building these 48 scale bomber kits. At times it felt more like wrestling than modelling. No matter how I was holding this thing, the wing or the tail or something was knocking stuff off of my modelling desk.

I had to hang it from the ceiling because it didn't fit on any shelf that I had. Now I build under the Aluminium Overcast.

I am pretty happy with it. I learned a few things so the next B-17 should be a little easier/better.

Thanks for looking.

Els

150B-173049.png

SnakeJake and Aaron,

Thanks for the positive comments. When I was just looking at the picture I noticed I forgot to put the clear parts on the leading edge. I already threw out what I thought was the empty box/sprues. I guess I will have to do a little trash can diving.

Aaron, on a side note, I grew up in Yakima and my grandparents had a farm in Ellensburg. Its been about 25 years since I was there last. Its not a city you see pop up very often. I always had a blast when I was there. It used to be a nice small town. How is it now?

Els

SnakeJake and Aaron,

Thanks for the positive comments. When I was just looking at the picture I noticed I forgot to put the clear parts on the leading edge. I already threw out what I thought was the empty box/sprues. I guess I will have to do a little trash can diving.

Aaron, on a side note, I grew up in Yakima and my grandparents had a farm in Ellensburg. Its been about 25 years since I was there last. Its not a city you see pop up very often. I always had a blast when I was there. It used to be a nice small town. How is it now?

Els

Who are your Grandparents? I was born and raised here, so chances are that I, my parents, or my grandparents know them. I guess it depends on who you ask about whether or not it is a nice, small town. Outsiders would probably say yes, but as a local, I would have to say that it has changed over the years, and it is a lot bigger than it used to be. I don't know if you remember Winegar's dairy (north side of town by Mt. Stuart Elementary school) but it is ALL houses now as about about 10 years ago, before the market crashed. I served a mission in California for my church from 2001-2002 and when I came home, there was a few new stoplights and a Fred Meyer here, so that took a little bit of getting used to. On the whole, I would say it still is a good town though. Not much in the way of crime or anything at least.

Aaron

ChukW, Dahut, and Mikester, thanks for the positive comments.

Ollie and Javlin, good luck on your builds, having masked the canopies and turrets I feel for what you are going through.

Diego, I had a look at your blog and you build some very nice kits. Your painting is excellent.

Again, thanks

Els

Moeggo,

Thanks, I would post a couple more pics of the B-17, but I have already hung the kit from the ceiling (No shelf space). Besides, if I post more pictures, people will start to see all the mistakes I made.

Here is a picture of the 1:1 predator. Sorry the picture sucks, but it is hanging on the wall and I had to use the flash on my camera. It really brought out the pinks in its mouth, they are not really that bright.

Predatorhead3142.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Shawn M,

Thanks. For $10 you got a great deal.

Woody71,

Thanks, Are you going to post pictures of your Trex when you finish it? I would like to see it.

Dahut,

I know what you are talking about. The first day after I hung it on the wall it startled me a couple times as I walked out of my kitchen.

Dean,

I saw your B-17, you did a nice job on it. Are you going to build a 72nd scale or 48th for the group build? Unless you have a large display area, I would recommend staying with the 72nd.

Els