Cybermodeler new kit list includes iHobby announcements

Thanks to 172 flogger for posting the link to this in the NB-52 thread in the jets forum, but since this shows stuff for all the major genres (props, jets, etc) I felt I would post the link here as well.

http://www.cybermodeler.com/special/2010_acft_manuf.shtml

Some noteables I see:

Hobbyboss is doing 1/48 Corsairs, starting with an AU-1 and the F4U-4

Hobbyboss is apparently shrinking the Trumpeter F9F-2 Panther to 1/72

Hobbyboss is also doing a 1/32 Spitfire Mk Vb (will it be 1/24 Trumpeter based?)

Revell USA is doing a 1/72 B-17G (not sure if it will be new tool ala RoG Lancaster or a reissue)

Revell USA is reissuing the 1/48 A-6E for you Intruder fans

Academy is doing 1/144 kits of the Eurofighter, JAS-39 Grippen and Rafale. I suspect they will likely be the old Revell of Germany toolings or perhaps copies as those were tooled up in Korea many years ago. They also have a 1/72 RF-4B on the list, which is an interesting choice as well (will it be new, a copy or a reissue of say a RoG recce Phantom?)

You missed Revell's new tool 1/48 Ventura. I know someone who was involved with it and it may include RCAF markings. But he isn't certain.

About freaking time, been wanting on in 1/48 scale Ventura for about ever! Thanks for the update.

Robert

About freaking time, been wanting on in 1/48 scale Ventura for about ever! Thanks for the update.

Robert

Thank you - Im with you. Lets hope they get the oil coolers right!

1/48 Ventura? He-ll yes!

(a 1/48 HU-16 Albatross, 1/48 Yak 38 Forger and 1/48 An-2 Colt... well, these aint too shabby either!)

Edited by dahut

The Intruder is, of course, awesome, and the Ventura is a pleasant surprise. I also like Dragon's assertion of a 1/350th scale USS Pennsylvania; if I had my choice, it would be in an early war rig, but as their smaller kit is (I think) 1944, and given the Pennsy's war record, I suspect it will be late war as well. Even so, very cool.

You missed Revell's new tool 1/48 Ventura. I know someone who was involved with it and it may include RCAF markings. But he isn't certain.

Sweeeet! First we get a S-2 Tracker and now a Ventura is inbound. Lots of radial engine love coming our way in the near future.

The Revell reissue of the Intruder is good news, as is the announcement of Kinetic doing one down in Jets - or at least formal announcement.

The Ventura is an interesting choice, I love sub hunters, though I also wonder if an RAF option is included. They used Venturas as light bombers for a while over Europe along with Havocs/Bostons. Were they not the airframe that attacked a Dutch electronics plant in '43? IIRC there were a couple of VCs for that mission. (Eindoven?)

The PV-1 is the first Revell USA (Monogram) release that has gotten my juices flowing in nearly 15 years - since the Ju-52 (and yes I have bought and built a couple of them)

Revell USA is reissuing the 1/48 A-6E for you Intruder fans

That one line has me dancing in my wheelchair, doing spins and wheelies, and now they add that Kinetic is doing one also.......Good Lord someone call the Coronary unit at the VA I may be there shortly!!!

I am kind of dancing from that announcement as well, even though I already have a Revell A-6E Intruder in my stash. At least I know the Revell kit builds into a nice model and you can probably afford two or three of them for the price of one Kinetic bird. Plus, the Revell kit can be done as either an original configuration bird or a TRAM Intruder (I prefer the more colorful artwork of the early Es to the low vis Tram birds anyday). Kitbash it with the earlier wings of the EA-6A and I think an A-6B SAM Hunter might be possible. Of course, if there are any resin KA-6D conversion kits out there, I hope somebody brings one out for when these kits hit. B)

I can't believe no one has mentioned the AFV club 1/48 F-5F yet. I focus on 32th jets, but may have to pick one of these up when it's available.

Terry

Because it has been very common knowledge for some time.

I would have prefered the CF-5A and CF-5Bs.