Left class Friday, turned on my cell phone and had a voicemail message (looks like I missed a call ... no phones in class and all that). Deleting the copious profanity:

"Dude. I'm outside your appartment. I want my music back. If you don't answer the door, I shall kick it in and retrieve said music myself, as well as performing other disgusting and perverted acts on your person, family and posessions." (remembering that this went on past the 30 seconds allotted to a voice mail, given the copious profanity). Obviously a wrong number, since I don't live in an appartment, and haven't borrowed music in decades. Did I mention the copious profanity.

So, should I attempt to contact the caller and try to dissuade said caller from said dastardly deed; or, should I forward the call to myself in a e-mail so I can post it on YouTube?

My moral compass is caged on this one.

Phil :)

If you don't answer the door, I shall kick it in and retrieve said music myself, as well as performing other disgusting and perverted acts on your person, family and posessions."

"Whatever you do, don't ever touch my drum set." - Step Brothers (movie).

Ignore it. Don't get involved in somebody else's drama. If it happens again, I'd let the local police know, and give them the sender's cell number. But don't get involved beyond that. You're asking for trouble.

No moral dilemma at all.

J

Edited by Jennings
Ignore it. Don't get involved in somebody else's drama. If it happens again, I'd let the local police know, and give them the sender's cell number. But don't get involved beyond that. You're asking for trouble.

No moral dilemma at all.

J

I completely agree with Jennings. I will add that I don't recommend posting it to youtube.

Aaron

Call the police and provide them the caller's number and allow them to listen to the message he left. The caller obviously wants his property back but he's advocating committing a criminal act or two in order to do so. If t was me, there would be no hesitation in calling the local LEOs.

Your decision. Youtube and calling the original caller are definite no-nos.

My 2/5 of a nickel.

Mike

Call the police and provide them the caller's number and allow them to listen to the message he left. The caller obviously wants his property back but he's advocating committing a criminal act or two in order to do so. If t was me, there would be no hesitation in calling the local LEOs.

Your decision. Youtube and calling the original caller are definite no-nos.

My 2/5 of a nickel.

Mike

I concur with Mike...

:rofl:

Notify the police. If you do and they don't follow-up, then its on them (just make sure you can prove you did). But if you don't and the nutjob carries through with his threats, you might find yourself up on charges of being an accessory as well facing a possible civil suit for a boat load of $$$$$$$$.

Edited by afspret

Do not, under any circumstances, contact the caller; if he is capable of violence, and thinks that there's a potential witness, your person, even life, could be at risk. Tell the police.

Edgar

As with the others. It is your duty to report this call to the police. You must assume the incident at hand may have become dangerous or will become so to the other person. Let the police deal with the matter.

Man, what's a feller gotta do to get a chuckle around here?

The local fuzz (who, BTW, were the first ones I called, even before posting to the esteemed body here assembled) were overwhelmingly uninterested. The officer that answered the phone said, because it was a cell phone call and the caller ID was blocked, it could have been made from anywhere in the country. "We'll make note...thanks for calling...(go away)".

I never had any intention of contacting the perp, and I'm actually glad I missed the call. Just thought "the esteemed body here assembled" might find it amusing. Or, as one actor in sloppily applied facepaint said, "Why so serious?"

joker.jpg

Edited by Silverback