I hate it when.........

I am currently building a Hasegawa 1/48 F-4G. I decided to add cutting edge intakes, Aires exhaust, Eagle Strike decals, and Eduards photo etch. I want this kit to look real nice. I've got all the seams done. I select my paints and paint her up. Beautiful, I am really proud of her. Then. BAM! I drop the model! Every single seem I had finished cracked! The worst part is the bottom fuselage to cockpit join. That area is always a problem and I actually did a good job. Now I have been working on this kit for some time. I don't want to go back and do it all over again! But wait there's more. While painting and masking the tape kept taking up the paint. It didn't matter how long I waited it just kept pulling it off. So I switched to cardboard masks, works great. But wait there's more. Now, the photo etch is coming off too! Aaaarrrggggg! I have to redo the seams. I have to paint again and I forgot the future ran too so I have to do that over again. It's like starting from scratch so frustrating!

Gonzalo

Edited by gonzalo
Paul Boyer once said:"anything can be fixed with a little cement, paint and elbow grease" :banana:

When I was at school a teacher asked another pupil to put some elbow grease into her models in a woodwork class...

.....I looked at the teacher a and thought what is that..

I asked her and she sent ME to the local shop {Run by her husband! but I did not know!} with some money and told ME to go and buy it.

So duly I went and asked for it and her husband laughed and told ME..."She did it again..a newbie I see ,"and sent ME back to school.

I now know... :banana::banana:

lol, when I worked at a restaurant, we did stuff like that all the time. Go get a can of elbow grease, go get the cheeseburger buns, get a ham bone. My fave was that I had a pact with another nearby restaurant manager. We would occasionally send new people to each other to get a bucket of 'ice mix', then send them back with a 3 gallon bucket of water :banana:

When I was at school a teacher asked another pupil to put some elbow grease into her models in a woodwork class...

.....I looked at the teacher a and thought what is that..

I asked her and she sent ME to the local shop {Run by her husband! but I did not know!} with some money and told ME to go and buy it.

So duly I went and asked for it and her husband laughed and told ME..."She did it again..a newbie I see ,"and sent ME back to school.

I now know... :rolleyes::wasntme:

:rofl: Fun teacher ...

Gregg

Shades of the Muppet Show. Kermit asked the janitor (Bouregard I think was his name) to clean up the place and use a little elbow grease. Later the janitor said he couldn't find any elbow grease, so he used axle grease (promptly followed by Kermit and others falling on their rears).

Now that we've thoroughly hijacked this thread . . .

When I was worked nights stocking shelves, the night manager always sent newbies to the basement of the grocery store to fetch the shelf stretcher. (No basement either.)

At Naval Communications Station Guam they would send guys out for a piece of equipment. Much of our equipment was named AN/xxx, and sure enough they'd send the newbie out to get the A-N Slash V-I-L. It was, of course, an anvil in a crate, and the newbie had to haul it all over the base before they were done with him.

Occasionally the maintenance guys would send a newbie out to get some fallopian tubes. Eventually someone would direct the poor guy to the Joint OverSeas Switchboard (JOSS), which was staffed primarily by Navy wives. So he'd ask these ladies if they had any fallopian tubes. We wouldn't see the newbie for the rest of the watch while he was getting indoctrinated in the facts of life.

Eons ago when I worked for Dominoes Pizza, we would send new drivers to the cooler for the pizza dough repair kit.

You have no idea how much fun we had breaking in new officers at the prison I worked at for 12 years!

Many hard belly laughs on those guys!

At Naval Communications Station Guam they would send guys out for a piece of equipment. Much of our equipment was named AN/xxx, and sure enough they'd send the newbie out to get the A-N Slash V-I-L. It was, of course, an anvil in a crate, and the newbie had to haul it all over the base before they were done with him.

Occasionally the maintenance guys would send a newbie out to get some fallopian tubes. Eventually someone would direct the poor guy to the Joint OverSeas Switchboard (JOSS), which was staffed primarily by Navy wives. So he'd ask these ladies if they had any fallopian tubes. We wouldn't see the newbie for the rest of the watch while he was getting indoctrinated in the facts of life.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

In the USAF we did flight line, prop wash, and jet wash.

Remember the oil sample bottles for the F-4?When a 3-level would drop said oil bottle in the wing when getting the sample and couldn't retrieve it,one of the older heads would ask the 3-level to go to the tool crib and get the glass magnet :thumbsup: Usually by the time the 3-level came back empty handed and a bit miffed,the oil sample had already been turned in and ran

Remember the oil sample bottles for the F-4?When a 3-level would drop said oil bottle in the wing when getting the sample and couldn't retrieve it,one of the older heads would ask the 3-level to go to the tool crib and get the glass magnet :) Usually by the time the 3-level came back empty handed and a bit miffed,the oil sample had already been turned in and ran

:worship: :wub: