In the name of all that is sacred....

I was browsing the Sprue Bros new arrivals and I noticed this:

Mr. Rivet

$95.00 MSRP??? For a very limited use tool? C'mon YGBSM! ;)

I've seen really decent airbrushes that don't cost that much and a great airbrush is only about twice that much, so what gives? (oh and before anyone gets their boxers in a bunch, I'm not saying that SB is to blame for the price, obviously they are limited by the MSRP in what they can do in terms of pricing)

Edited by madmanrick

Man! Is the dollar really that worthless overseas?

I predict the "invisible hand" will result in this item diving in price or disappearing from the marketplace.

Guess I thought this was why we had pin vises and needles?

I was browsing the Sprue Bros new arrivals and I noticed this:

Mr. Rivet

$95.00 MSRP??? For a very limited use tool? C'mon YGBSM! :)

I've seen really decent airbrushes that don't cost that much and a great airbrush is only about twice that much, so what gives? (oh and before anyone gets their boxers in a bunch, I'm not saying that SB is to blame for the price, obviously they are limited by the MSRP in what they can do in terms of pricing)

But wait, it's on sale for just $84.99...now that's worth it ; )

Grossly overpriced, given there are plenty of other quality riveting tools out there for under $20USD. In fact, I believe the Radu riveter I purchased last year was all of $14USD including shipping from Radu's shop in Ireland here to the States and seems to be THE riveting tool for modelers.

Greg

Here is a much cheaper and more versatile tool. It works the same as the Mr. Rivet tool as it creates a small circle (flush rivet). This set is actually a beading tool and includes a wide selection of tool sizes so you can make just about any size rivet.

http://www.fdjtool.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=53.160

Mark Storin

i'm kinda curious on how it work?

does it create a raised rivet? or just a hole

As mentioned above , it makes a small circle, or flush rivet, not just a hole.

Curt

Can't see those flying off the shelf. Besides for making "circle" type fasteners/rivets, I just use alum. tubing coned down to a sharp edge, works like a charm, and the sizes are almost endless.

• 2 weeks later...