Who'dda thought...WingScale

A few years ago, people would have laughed at the thought of a twin engine bomber in 1/32, now there are several and a B-17.

It is a good time to be a 1/72 builder, lots of small scale kits for sale cheap as you large scale guys sell off your stashes to pay for your extra large styrene habits. :)

;) Just great! Sure make the 1/32 scale guys all happy and feeling sweet and fuzzy inside. How about someone coming out with it in 1/48 scale! If this keeps up I am just going to have to convert to 1/32! :thumbsup:

This company is going to go a long way if they keep this up. There stuff looks really nice!

Robert :D

;) Just great! Sure make the 1/32 scale guys all happy and feeling sweet and fuzzy inside. How about someone coming out with it in 1/48 scale! If this keeps up I am just going to have to convert to 1/32! :thumbsup:

This company is going to go a long way if they keep this up. There stuff looks really nice!

Robert :D

Yeah, we have high hopes. However, no one has actually built one yet! It's going to suck if it doesn't live up to the hype!

Mr. Tony Bell posted this link on LSP to a completed test shot on Hyperscale:

B-25!

Kit built by Mr. Jeroen Veen

Looks good.

In the article he says "I hope you've enjoyed the pictures over the last couple of weeks..." Where is the build posted?

Edited by Miccara
So much for the "Death of the Hobby" we were all reading aboot a few years ago. It's a pretty good time to be a modeller...let's enjoy it!

Al P.

You could argue that this is a harbinger of the apocalypse. These kits are targeted towards a small audience with lots of money and a hangar to display them in. Lots of products these days are targeted towards the real ******** modelers and not the broader modeling population. At least that's the way I fell about it.

Why is h.ardcore bleeped out?

Edited by Quailane
You could argue that this is a harbinger of the apocalypse. These kits are targeted towards a small audience with lots of money and a hangar to display them in. Lots of products these days are targeted towards the real ******** modelers and not the broader modeling population. At least that's the way I fell about it.

Why is h.ardcore bleeped out?

I agree.

However, seeing these kits out there and built, just might inspire a lot more people to seriously consider the hobby. I hope so.

It's bleeped out because we know you're referring to H a r d c o r e P o r n. you filthy animal you.

Edited by Miccara

Concur. I remember a comment David Hannant made over at HS to the odd dynamics of the hobby. Something to the effect of "Never before has so many products been made available to a shrinking audience."

Wow! First I've heard of these guys, and what a find. Almost two years ago a loadmaster friend of mine told me about his grandfather who flew B-25s in WWII. He didn't know much about it, but knew the plane was "6-Echo", or that's how his family refered to it. I helped him research it, and discovered the aircraft he was talking about. A bunch of guys of ARC even helped us out -- one guy even sent an old B-25 kit with shark nose decals. (They weren't exact, but close, and I appreciated the deal very much!) Now, someone has done the very same B-25J from the 486th BS, 340th BG. Wow.

I don't know about the other aircraft Wingscale has to offer yet, but this one is on the list. Of course this info is on it's way to my friend as well.

http://www.wing-scale.com/paginas/models-bomber.html

Mark