Welcome to the Sharkmouth Group Build

I don't really do stashes much. I've got too much of one now. No teeth that I can recall.

I'll take another look later today.

You could always track down some decals that have a "sharkmouth" design to go with a kit in your stash. I looked real quick for something for your A-7 but couldn't find anything. Doesn't have to be kit decals.

Guys,

There was someone looking for 1/72nd scale P-40 sharkmouth decals. Contact me via PM as I may have something.

I have a Hasegawa A-7 for which I will donate my decals to the guy who doesn't do stashes. Again, PM me.

With a name like sharkmouth, decals aren't my problem. What to build and finding time are...

Regards,

Only problem is.. er.... no teeth!

Mark,

I found that I have a set of 1/72nd scale Albatros Modelworks "Marauding Corsairs" which include a USAF A-7E with sharkmouth:

maraudingcorsairsiireviewbg_1.jpg

The top scheme with the MB. This is the sheet:

maraudingcorsairsiireviewbg_3.jpg

The images are from the Hyperscale review. I will gladly cut and send you the USAF decals along with a scan of the instructions if you use them in this build. I need to support my sharkmouth addiction!

If interested, PM me with your postal address to send it out.

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth

Sharkmouth, thanks but that kit is earmarked for the 1-of-a-kind decals that came with it. It just doesn't fit this group build is all. No worries, if I can make it I can. If I can't, I can't. B)

Edited by Mark M.
They still sell this sheet or is it impossible to get?

Sorry, they are completely sold out and out of print. None on eBay. There are markings for 5 aircraft. Only one has a sharkmouth. I paid $13USD for the sheet before shipping from Mexico City, D.F., Mexico. Rafael (of Zotz Decals) may have some so ask him directly or make me an offer as my 5 sheets are complete.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

I noted an alarming lack of shark mouth Typhoons in this thread...

I'll throw my hat in the ring, but I'm not sure if it'll be 1/72, 1/48 or 1/32. I'll probably do the Hasegawa 1/48 kit with Aveiology decals.

Edited by Grenadier37

I noted an alarming lack of shark mouth Typhoons in this thread...

I'll throw my hat in the ring, but I'm not sure if it'll be 1/72, 1/48 or 1/32. I'll probably do the Hasegawa 1/48 kit with Aveiology decals.

I'm doing one in 72nd! Build log is here.

-Dave

CURSES, foiled again...

Bf-110, check. Tex Hill's P-51, check. Phantom, check check check. Tiffy...check. Hellcat, CHECK! Aha! Bf-109C!

sharkmouth109.jpg

Is that you final answer? (So I can add you to the list). Are you abandoning the Tiffy build then?

CURSES, foiled again...

Bf-110, check. Tex Hill's P-51, check. Phantom, check check check. Tiffy...check. Hellcat, CHECK! Aha! Bf-109C!

sharkmouth109.jpg

That one is really cool! Don't abandon the Tiffy build on my behalf though! Please, show me up!

-Dave

I've needed an excuse to build the 109, so that's what I'll do. I'm in a 109 phase anyway; I'm currently building the Hasegawa 1/32 109E with Verliden "update" set. It's ready for paint.

Dave, the Tiffy is super cool and I can't wait to the finished product. I don't like to double-up, so to speak, on group builds. Not to mention I kind of suck so I doubt you'll have any competition from me.

If I finish the 109 with time to spare I might also do a F-5 (recce P-38) that I have sharkmouth decals for.

Edited by Grenadier37